Where's the Tardis age

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Where's the Tardis age

Postby Karkadann » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:28 pm

If any one remembers the paging error from the First version of The Lost Stonehenge and the issues it caused (From this thread)
I couldn't resist trying to figure out a way I could use the error for an age. Well I found a free Tardis Download and put together two versions. one version puts the Tardis on the sparky island in Relto and the other puts it at the center of the age which in Relto is about 10 foot down in front of one of the pillars. people seemed to have fun with the my screw up I figured I would do something along the same lines just a bit less massive
it seems to turn up everywhere
Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler

They both have the same prefix of 2008 so you can only use one of them at a time
Attachments
TardisSparkly.zip
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 249 times
Tardis.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 251 times
Last edited by Karkadann on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: Where's the Tardis age

Postby Tweek » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Windows are upside down >.>
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Karkadann » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Sorry bout that I didn't even notice
Either way it should make for an interesting game. Link in to Tardis age, link back to Relto, link into any age and start searching.
I was thinking about putting them on Drizzle but considering the issues with the paging error in The Lost StonehengeI am kinda reluctant to send in a deliberate paging error :D
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby tangara » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 am

:D Very funny, thanks !
tangara

Postby diafero » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 am

There is a way to get that effect without sequence prefix clashes: The Offline-KI command "/loadpage". It loads all pages with the name of the given argument, no matter what age the page is from (so do NOT try "/loadpage mainRoom" as that would load almost all fan ages and then most likely crash your game). I did not try that, but for example "/loadpage Home" should give you most of Paahkweh somewhere in the current age. And like the bug triggered by the first version of stonehenge, the page will stay loaded as you link on, unless you link to the age it comes from.
If you want to get your own objects somewhere this way, just give your age's page a unique name (something starting with the age name as prefix, for example), and have fun :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby N. Sigismund » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:10 pm

If you make it so that the door opens and plays the Dr Who theme tune, I will personally love you forever.
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby Karkadann » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:08 pm

I can add the sound if you have the file but as far as the door is concerned I haven't gotten into animation yet
Karkadann

Return to General Discussion