I've just started a forum theme too:
http://lyros.ath.cx/phpbb/
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Re: Enhancing Wiki Tutorials

Postby diafero » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:01 am

I found another problem: http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/TPOT ... e_Prefixes contains a sortable table with some custom colours to make it more readable. IMHO the black for "markers" in the table and the dark red for problematic entries are okay, however I'd also like the first line, with the captions, to be highlighted. I can of course do that in the page, but IMHO it would make sense to do that in the theme, by adding proper styling for "table.sortable th".
Also, the arrow images (which are embedded in the CSS) should have the same colour as the text.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Lyrositor » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:53 am

Well spotted. It should be a quick fix. However, I'm a bit pressed for time since I'm mostly trying to get my shard working again. Whenever I find the time to do it, rest assured, I'll be on the case. ;) Keep telling me if you find problems.
Also, I haven't made any progress on the forum theme, for the aforementioned reason. Sorry. :oops:
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby Lyrositor » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Well, I've more or less finished the forum theme, so I'll be resuming my Wiki work. :D

It seems like some would appreciate tutorials on setting up shards and so on. Should I make these a priority?
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby dendwaler » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Thank you for all the work you have done on the wiki.
It is really a relieve to have it arranged as it is now.
Having a good wiki is very importent even for experienced writers.
I often have to fall back to the wiki because i forgot some detail.

I did so last week and noticed that i could not find the part i was looking for .
Later i noticed a link to it was mentioned in the first line of the wiki, but i did overlook it.
So please put the link to " Tools" not only in this line:
"The Guild of Writers is a community of artists and programmers working to create or learn to use existing assets and tools for the open-source CyanWorlds.com Engine. " but also in the appropiate " Tools" section.

I was looking for
1) Plasmashop.
2) URUpython.

I cannot find the last one in the new wiki, but it is a very handy tool to write or edit Python.pak files.

May be you can add both in the "Tools section"
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby diafero » Tue May 01, 2012 1:36 am

The tool situation, in terms of PlasmaShop and Uru Python, is unfortunately a bit confusing currently.

PlasmaShop 3 can already do almost all the stuff PlasmaShop 2 can, and much more - however, unfortunately, it can not create pak files. To do that, you still need to use UruPython or PlasmaShop 2. Now I wonder, maybe we should settle on one of the two, and recommend it generally, to end the confusion? Personally I prefer UruPython over PlasmaShop 2 for Python stuff, so I would vote for (finally) deprecating PlasmaShop 2 and tell people to use version 3 instead. The Windows build should be updated for the changes from the last months though, if it hasn't been.
Or maybe, someone has a good idea how to integration Python compilation into PlasmaShop 3, so that the tool actually does all the jobs we need :D
Many more tools are mentioned at http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Free ... ge_writing, a lot of them already have been superseded though.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Tue May 01, 2012 4:27 am

The Wiki Tools page only contains an UruPython zip archive which doesn't work correctly,
means you cannot open it, at least for me with 7-zip ... This info is also for Lyrositor ... :D

The only working UruPython_v3.1.7z version available is provided on diafero's
Deep-Island-Uru-Tools page ... As this page is publicly available for the ages and such,
I hope it is ok to provide the link here ... :P

Edit: Have to add that you CAN download the zip file as long as you just click the link (which
I never do, I mostly right click and choose 'save target ...' which doesn't work in this case)
whereupon you will be directed to a page that asks you to download an attachment ... never
seen something like this, but however when you click the given link then you'll receive the
full zip archive ... So, I also removed your link, diafero ... :)
janaba

Postby Lyrositor » Tue May 01, 2012 5:57 am

Okay, I added that link to the tools page on the wiki. ;)
I think I'm going to finish my work on the Max tutorials for now, then I'll consider "cleaning up" some other articles.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue May 01, 2012 8:57 am

We've made the new phpBB theme the default. If you find something you dislike or want changed, you can fork the git repository and submit a pull request or submit an issue if you're not a web designer). I'll be synching my fork with the forum on a regular basis. The old style will remain available for awhile if there are any who prefer it.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Lyrositor » Tue May 01, 2012 9:17 am

Things which are broken for now but for which fixes are underway:
1. Wrong colors for who's online list and member list.
2. Unstyled Compose message button.
3. Overlapping text over icons in PMs.
4. Polls.
I can't work on these right now, but I'll probably fix them tonight at the latest.
EDIT: All fixed now!
Last edited by Lyrositor on Tue May 01, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion