Myst V EOA Ages convert to DI

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Myst V EOA Ages convert to DI

Postby sdickens » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 am

I used the file but it said date mismatch, so I told cyan what happened and they provided me the file, they will make an update for that on steam when they can.
sdickens

Postby sdickens » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 am

It's no use I got the old invalid ages detected and removed! :shock: :o :evil: :cry: :oops: :x :roll: :

sdickens

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:25 am

Now that's weird, Nev'yn said the files worked. However, maybe she did not try to actually log in to the Shard?

@sdickens: Do see which files are actually problematic, I need the logfile. Did you ever start Uru again after getting this error? If yes, the logfile is already gone and to catch it, you'd have to convert the ages again (but then, all the work is done by the PC anyway ;-) ). If no, please have a look at the file called "UruStarter.log" in the "log" folder. It should contain some lines complaining about incorrect versions of Myst V files.
I wonder if it will be possible at all to support both the DVD and the Steam version of Myst V...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sdickens » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Contents of UruStarter.log

Show Spoiler
Attachments
UruStarter.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
Last edited by sdickens on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sdickens

Postby sdickens » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:00 pm

offline the ages worked! but online nope...
sdickens

Postby sdickens » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 pm

actually only Direbo and Myst worked! Direbo.age and Myst V's Myst
sdickens

Postby diafero » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:55 am

Interesting, it really seems to be related to Esher - maybe they had to change the prps for the new translations.

I now made sure that the ages Releeshan, Descent (Myst V), Myst (Myst V) and Direbo do not have the Esher files anymore on the Shard. A quick test showed no problems, but maybe some stuff which is broken is more hidden, so I will not remove Esher from the other ages before waiting some days for people reporting problems.

sdickens, this means that in theory, after another round of conversion, you should be able to reach those four ages. Could you please try that, and confirm whether you can actually get there in-agme? (You may have to find the entrance though :D )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sdickens » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Nope... same error and here's the logs :cry: :? :( maybe its not worth it anymore...

sdickens wrote:It's no use I got the old invalid ages detected and removed! :shock: :o :evil: :cry: :oops: :x :roll: :

Attachments
urustarter.zip
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
sdickens

Postby diafero » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 am

Damit, this time it is not an Esher file:
File dat/DescentMystV_District_dsntGreatShaftLowerRm.prp is invalid

This file contains actual content, so I can't just remove it.
That makes it really hard to support the Steam version... actually, I see no way of doing this other than putting parts of Myst V on the dataserver (like UAM Shard does it). Which is what I tried to avoid hard all the time.

According to the logfile, MystMystV has not been removed - I assume the screenshot is just the old one again?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sdickens » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 am

yea sorry just quoted myself from earlier
sdickens

Previous

Return to Deep Island