Gehn.5 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.5 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:26 am

Changes in this build:
  • Fix footstep regions in Vothol Gallery
  • Fix bad images in journals
  • Fix client password hashing
  • Potential fix for exploding Gira baskets
  • Potential fix for Relto nose dive
  • Fix camera getting stuck in Eder Kemo gazebo
  • Fix for potential Net6 issue in client
  • Add copy/paste support
  • Sort Age Players in BigKI by player name
  • Some under-the-hood goodness in the client
  • Improve multiplayer synchronization
  • Fix incorrect age population counts
  • Improve server stability
  • Removed Herobrine
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.5 Live!

Postby Branan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:21 am

Because of some changes to the way passwords are handled* if you have your client set to save your login information it will be erased when you update to Gehn.5. You can tell it to save the password again and it will behave properly.

*actually we fixed what we broke in Gehn.4.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:16 am

After obtaining the first set of Lighting Bugs in Eder Kemo and returning to Eder Gira - I have no hot spots. I am unable to open the door to obtain the second set of baskets, nor to get the light bundles in the second and third caves to work. Further more the green does not disappear even if I walk in water...

EDIT: Had to delete Both Books a couple of times. Now Eder Gira and Eder Kemo are complete
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby JanB » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:33 am

I did a full reset again of EDer Gira and Kemo and this time it worked OK for me and I made it into the Bahro cave.
JanB

Postby janaba » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:20 am

First of all congrats for the new Gehn.5 release! A lot of effort and time
went into this one, but of course as in any other mayor update before as well ... :P

This is what I've tested so far

- The footstep regions in the Vothol Gallery work perfectly well, you can even hear them when jumping
and walking on that table lol ...

- All the books and journals in Ae'gura and the Watcher's Pub regained their resp. covers ... we even have
a new journal to indulge in ... :D The Kadish and Teledahn Bahro stones in Ae'gura are missing now, Descent
is there ...

- I've completed my Eders before after lots of deletions and retries, so I didn't do it today, maybe next time lol ...
... by now after the update two baskets are gone, they're not next to the volcano ... the pith helmet has no hotspot
as before ...

- As of the Relto nose dive, yeah, I'm still flying/diving in, but that happened sporadically before, now it is back,
let's see if it'll happen constantly as with the four logins I've had so far ...

- The Eder Kemo camera behaved normal so far, but this has to be checked more frequently again ...

- The copy/paste support is the AWESOMENESS ... I hope this will be implemented in MOULa one fine day ... :D
... it works with text copied from anywhere into the clipboard, even from in-game ... You can write something
in the chat and for whatever reason you need to write that again or save it to anywhere like an important url
you just hit ctrl+c and then you can paste it anywhere even back into the chat just as easy as in Windows ...
Great job, thanks guys ... :)

- The age population counts are now displaying the correct count

- Phil's Relto is accessable again

- Didn't meet or sense Herobrine by now ...

Multiplayer synchronization and age players sorting has to be checked at the next party or by others when they
happen to meet someone ... The memorial in the Kahlo Pub has the inscriptions and is working now ...

Yeah, again, awesome job ... /thumbsup ... :P
janaba

Postby Deledrius » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:52 am

janaba wrote:The Kadish and Teledahn Bahro stones in Ae'gura are missing now, Descent is there ...

I checked them when we first brought the server back up and Descent and Kadish was there but Teledahn was not. In theory both Kadish and Teledahn are "random" but I thought I set the chance to 100%. Perhaps there's something I failed to understand about it. At any rate, if you don't see them during one visit, try again some other time; it checks when you link in to an Age whether to show them, as long as no one else is around to catch the Bahro Delivery Service van.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 am

Hehe ... nice ... Didn't know that they were both random ... I don't mind anyway haha,
I do all the checking for you, so that you see what gets around to us the explorers out of
your mighty magical codings and musings ... but, seriously, then it won't be necessary to
mention this anymore ... :D
janaba

Postby KBQ » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:02 pm

This is where I should have posted this - since the Gehn.5 update, I can't get the login screen to recognize my password.
What should I do?
KBQ

Postby dtierce » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:11 pm

My current observations...
Relto nose dive still happening to me four out of four logins.
Found all three city Bahro stones present in hood instance. Found only Descent stone in public instance on this particular link-in.
Was able to visit Phil's Relto from the spy room.
Heard my footsteps everywhere in the Vothol Gallery.
Ahnonay still doesn't rotate.

David Tierce
dtierce

Postby Leighana » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:17 am

I still get the "Relto nosedive," but only when coming out of the wardrobe.
KI 29707
Leighana

Next

Return to Gehn Shard