The Tsar's Tour: Cleft Night

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

The Tsar's Tour: Cleft Night

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:31 pm

This is the start of a new event series I've been planning for awhile... The Tsar's Tour! We are going to party throughout the ages of Uru. Our first stop is going to be an old favorite of many from the UU era... The Cleft! We're going to be streaming music over shoutcast, and stealing Zandi's D'nitos. So, be sure to join us at 7pm KI time on Friday June 29th by requesting an invitation from KI# 16125 at party time*! The next party site will be determined by suggestions received during Cleft Night.

Stream URL: http://www.guildofwriters.org:8000

* Proper procedure for party invitations: Send a PM (not a KI mail!) to KI# 16125 at party time, and the magical bahro will whisk you away to the party cleft.

Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add stream url
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: The Tsar's Tour: Cleft Night

Postby Lyrositor » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm in! :D
I'll make sure to bring in some quab stew to roast over the fire. Anyway to page in a night sky or something to make it more of a true Cleft night?
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:39 pm

To be, or not to be there: Now that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more shalt be said; For I will be there
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Lyrositor wrote:Anyway to page in a night sky or something to make it more of a true Cleft night?

Disabling the drawing on the skydome is pretty much necessary--otherwise you can't read the KI chat :P
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Charura » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Sounds like fun. Always did like to read Zandi's book and steal the D'nitos while he was explaining the Cleft to new explorers.
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Lyrositor » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Charura wrote:Always did like to read Zandi's book and steal the D'nitos while he was explaining the Cleft to new explorers.

Zandi is... broken, in the Cleft, at least from my experience in multiplayer. Don't expect welcomes from him! :lol:
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby gabriml » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:10 pm

I'll try to be there if I have no conflicting appointments.

But pardon my ignorance: what is the difference between a PM and KI Mail?

I think a PM is where you create a KI text node and then pass it to a selected buddy, an age player, or recent list avatar.

But what is a KI mail?

Thanks for your reply. :)

P.S. an age intersecting the cleft like Eder Gira would be a fun amusement and provide more climbing opportunities.
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby Tomala » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 pm

I think a PM is where you create a KI text node and then pass it to a selected buddy, an age player, or recent list avatar.

But what is a KI mail?

A KI Mail is where you open your KI with your left mouse button and write a message, then send it to them by either using the vault or pressing a triangle next to the name of the user. A PM (short for private message) is where you click on someone's avatar or avatar name (in age players, buddies, or neighbors) with your left mouse button. Then you type as you would over regular age players chat. To do this you will need a keyboard (a regular one should do the trick as they are easy to purchase in stores). So you type out your message, then you press the enter button. The person will see the message on their end and no one else will. Which is why it's called a private message. :)

Also, nice promo pic. :D I'll have to see if I can visit.
Tomala

Postby Acorn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:26 am

Sounds great! Is the aim also to test something while we party, or is this simply for fun?
Acorn

Postby janaba » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:52 am

Wow!!! Ashtar's old Great Tree Shard forums ... Ahhh, old times ... I see names like essjay,
trylon, Malia, oldmanjob, Ti'chelle, Ashtar's Gwynhwyvar and Mystlander and Prof Askew etc... :P

Awesome idea, Adam ... Of course, this will be a tad too late haha, to start at three o'clock
in the middle of the night, but np and don't think about it ... I wish you all sooo much fun and
hilarity and a wonderful togetherness with great music, beautiful retrospections and views into
future prospects and projects etc. etc ... Yeah!!! Occupy the Cleft haha ... :)
janaba

Next

Return to Gehn Shard