Gehn.12 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.12 Live!

Postby Branan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:53 pm

This is a fairly small build fixing the worst issues that were discovered right after Gehn.11 launched.

• Fix cloth links
  • Fix crash in PtGetCameraNumber()
  • Fix Neighborhood post-creation init
  • Resolve GUID Conflict
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.12 Live!

Postby janaba » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:34 am

The cloth links are working now and the Pellet scoring is working as well ... :P

I still experience not getting my mouse cursor back into the Uru window
when doing sth else outside of it like reading the forums or whatever ... :)
janaba

Postby Branan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 am

Janaba, could you posts some information on your computer - OS version, RAM amount, CPU type and speed, and GPU (if you don't know how to get any of this that's fine). It will help us track down the issue and debug it better.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Christian Walther » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 am

Could it be that you are inadvertently resizing the window, Janaba? That makes the mouse cursor disappear for me (Windows 7). I then have to blindly switch to full-screen to get it back (putting another window over the Uru window next to the checkboxes and buttons, so that you only have to travel a short distance with the invisible cursor, helps with that).

The window should not be resizable (since the engine can’t deal with it), this has been fixed by Skoader in the OU fork, but somehow the fix hasn’t made it to Gehn yet. I have it ported and can make a pull request shortly.
Christian Walther

Postby janaba » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Hehe, that's exactly what I just wanted to tell here, Christian, cool ... :P

It just happened when heading for the desert and writing here and returning
to Uru back and forth I thought wow that's great, and then I got the idea,
I played with the window frame and resized it when I couldn't go back anymore ...
So, there we have it, I'm glad ... :)

Something else happened, but I cannot see why or when exactly, this happened
once before also, I just couldn't get the options with F4 to come up anymore ...
The first time it happened after the pellet drop and scoring and now when linking
to the desert, so, nothing special ... I had to log out again now anyways cause I made
the cursor disappear as I've said above ... Maybe the F4 issue isn't any, I don't know ... :P

Ok, I just logged in again, the F4 options window is back ... I'm trying your trick with the
full screen mode, Christian ... No, I don't get it back into the window, but maybe I'm doing
sth wrong ... However I better don't touch that window frame in the future lol ... :geek:
janaba

Postby Christian Walther » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:48 pm

The F4 issue has happened to me as well yesterday (on Gehn.11), but I haven’t investigated under what circumstances exactly.
Christian Walther

Postby janaba » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:12 pm

The F4 issue just happened again and again ... There your trick comes in, Christian, I maximize
my window to get the options icons at the right hand bottom of the window (I don't see them before
in windowed mode, that's why I need F4) ... and like this I understood how to get my cursor back
into the window when it was lost ... The disappearing/not working of the F4 happens sporadically ...
Yopu cannot track that otherwise you had to permanently switch F4 while playing until you cannot
activate it anymore ... :P

Something funny happened to me in the desert, just like on the TOC Shard ... When I approached
Zandi from behind I could already hear him talking and when I stood right in front of him his speech
was already finished ... When I click his body then he just says to use that lever in the cleft etc... :geek:

Another strange occurrence is shown in the picture below ... The same happened in the Nexus of
my first avatar, and when switching back and forth with the avatars the Nexus returned to normal again ... :?
Nexus2.jpg
Nexus2.jpg (83.43 KiB) Viewed 4415 times
janaba

Postby janaba » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Something else ... did anyone try to use the command /clearchat lately? ... doesn't work for me anymore ... :geek:
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 pm

same here - it does not work for my three Avatars
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

janaba wrote:
Something funny happened to me in the desert, just like on the TOC Shard ... When I approached
Zandi from behind I could already hear him talking and when I stood right in front of him his speech
was already finished ... When I click his body then he just says to use that lever in the cleft etc... :geek:

]

I just approached Zandi from the deckchair and the sparklie island relto page. He didn't start talking until I clicked on him.

I love your Nexus entry, Janaba! :lol:
Acorn

Next

Return to Gehn Shard