Gehn St. Patrick's Bash Planning

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn St. Patrick's Bash Planning

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Last weekend was a little bit more than just playing with the Blue Spiral puzzle. I called that event specifically to see if the server would be ready for another event soon, and I think it is. So, I'm beginning to plan a St. Patrick's Day Bash. I am hoping it will go off better than the birthday party 8-) I was considering having a planning meeting in Kirel on Saturday, but I don't think I have enough time to update the server with more fixes until much later... So I'll throw out ideas here.

I've been around for a long time, so I got to be part of the old St Patrick's day celebrations in UU. They were amazingly big productions whose planning and organizing would begin sometime just after the start of the year. Ever since MOUL closed, we've had nothing comparable. I'd like to try to emulate a smaller scale version of these old events.

For those of you not around back then, we would run a parade through Ae'gura and/or certain Neighborhoods (depending on the year). Since we've got new ages and an easily modifiable client, I'd like for us to try doing a parade in Eder Delin--renamed to Eder Dublin just for the event. I haven't thought about a parade route, capacity, or anything else, yet.

Thoughts?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Gehn St. Patrick's Bash Planning

Postby Acorn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:00 am

sounds like fun - but I assume there's no way to create an /irishdance command? :lol:
Acorn

Postby Karkadann » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:06 am

Perhaps you can switch the snow flakes for Shamrocks
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am

Despite being a community member for many years I never got around to participate in such an event ... :P

The pictures and videos I've seen look like much fun to be had, the last official St. Pat's Parade was
organized in 2010, there was one organized by Germans in 2011 and last year nada, as far as I remember ...
We'll see what will happen this year ... maybe they'll celebrate it in SL, cause there are more people and
people like Dudemom or SuperGram (who did it most of the time) etc. to organize that lol ... :)

If you're not picky about strict rules and traditions this might become quite fun ... I'm not that uniform
and following strict rules and traditions kind of person ... but I very much like Irish and Celtic music and
relaxed and also cheerful and exuberant get-togethers ... all in green, hehe, why not, and all dancing
in a row through the cavern, just for the fun of it, yeah, might really be something else or a welcome
diversion to enjoy ... :D

Ok, what I want to say is, you can count me in for the fun, but I cannot contribute anything to that
tradition besides being there in that costume lol and with all that I am, and that is already a lot, haha ... :)
janaba

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be available at all on the 17th (or pretty much all weekend). You guys are welcome to do whatever in my absence.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:11 am

Thanks, however, for kicking this off and for trying to get things moving and rolling ... Have a wonderful and exciting weekend, Adam ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:36 am

from the Myst Online Uru Live forum:

Stone. wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:Unfortunately, I'm not going to be available at all on the 17th (or pretty much all weekend). You guys are welcome to do whatever in my absence.
lol I remember when I was younger my parents told something similar. Wow where thay upset when thay finally got home. Told me I should of at least tried to pick up some of the evidence. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

how wrecked do you want the shard, Adam? ;)
Acorn

Postby janaba » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:58 am

Cool ... Just look what I just posted on the MOUL forums lol ... :D
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:08 am

great minds think alike, janaba! :D
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:37 am

I like my french fries shards deep fried.
Tsar Hoikas

Next

Return to Gehn Shard