Fan Ages on the Gehn Shard

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Fan Ages on the Gehn Shard

Postby Justintime9 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:31 am

Ok, I've been experimenting with the lighting again, and I think I've reached a balance. The ceiling looks a lot more yellow, and I actually manually painted the corners so they're blacker (based on how it looked when I looked at it in UDK.) Anyway, would you say this looks more realistic?

Justintime9

Postby janaba » Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

This looks very beautiful, Justin ... I just wonder about the yellow area around the desk, is that a very yellow shadow or new carpet ... :P
janaba

Postby GPNMilano » Mon May 27, 2013 11:06 am

Looks nice Justin. I'd suggest darkening the corners around the ceiling, and the floor a bit, and vertex paint the books so that they're darker than they are. Notice for instance how the wall against them is all black, yet they are not dark at all. Just a suggestion.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Justintime9 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:44 pm

@Janaba, that's a shadow. And I'm sure I can fix up those corners and the books really easily. Now the only question is... What should I put on the walls so they won't look too bare? I considered a window, but I don't think that'd work. And I could put paintings, but I don't know what they'd be of... Any ideas?
Justintime9

Postby Ehren » Mon May 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Annabelle wrote:My markers work in the shard.

I don't know how you make marker games on Alcugs. I've been to the DI shard before, and custom made marker games don't work. Can create a "marker folder", but can't actually place any markers. For a long time I've just not thought of marker games at all when not on the MOUL version of Uru.
Ehren

Postby Deledrius » Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 am

Justintime9 wrote:What should I put on the walls so they won't look too bare? I considered a window, but I don't think that'd work. And I could put paintings, but I don't know what they'd be of... Any ideas?

It's a good question, and one that troubles me on occasion too. For an easy suggestion, look at what Cyan did to break up their wall surfaces in D'ni areas. Look around you in places you're at. Tapestries, paintings, bookshelves, furniture, torches and pillars all can be used to make a space more interesting. I know that's not specific, but maybe it'll help get things going.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Tue May 28, 2013 3:42 am

I wouldn't add too much to the scenery ... there's that empty wall, yes, but there's already a very big picture or tapestry across from the desk covering almost the whole wall, so, see that you don't interfere with that special pattern and color ... :P

I'd say, as the next room with lots of books and a board game as well as the rest room suggest having more people or guests over there every now and then, I'd add sth like a sideboard or a small cupboard with or without drawers to the empty space with some mugs or glasses and a water jug and/or one or a few 'D'ni Lake' bottles and maybe a simple bowl with or without some fruits and/or a plate with bread and/or cookies ... you see, sth like this ... You could also just use one of those shelves, which you already have in the next room and fill this up a bit with what ever to make being there look and feel comfortable and inviting or hospitable ... you can place a big vase (like in Fehnir's House e.g.) or some bottles next to that sideboard or maybe you add just a big vase and/or another bookshelf and a picture ... :)

In your journal you say that you liked to hang out and relax in the Camp Bravo nighttime version, so, you could add a picture of that ... In Shinelight Manor you have many beautiful pictures hanging or what about a picture of that fire marble apparatus ... Yeah, I believe that is it for now from me ... Take your time and see what feels/looks right for you, Justin ... :D
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 am

Ehren wrote:
Annabelle wrote:My markers work in the shard.

I don't know how you make marker games on Alcugs. I've been to the DI shard before, and custom made marker games don't work. Can create a "marker folder", but can't actually place any markers. For a long time I've just not thought of marker games at all when not on the MOUL version of Uru.

It should work fine... I only do it as usual: hit the F8 key then add marker with F7 key...the nicest thing on URU:CC environment is that you can already (& SHOULD) edit your current marker right away and not go through the entire list to find your new placed marker like in MOUL. I said (& SHOULD) because in URU:CC, there's an annoying bug...the markers tend to re-arranged themselves in complete different order at each new login (I dunno why :lol: ) so if you try to follow them & edit them in your intended first order, you won't be able to. Make sure to avoid sound effect ON too, it's so funny the sound they make when you placed them, they literally pop :).

F8 / F7 works online (on any alcugs shard) or offline (with offline KI enable or even without)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 pm

Annabelle wrote:Make sure to avoid sound effect ON too, it's so funny the sound they make when you placed them, they literally pop :).

No no :lol:

Make sure to HAVE sound effet ON too. it's so funny the sound they make when you lie them, they literally "pop" in your speakers :)

I really should "avoid" writing when I'm waking up...my english is still dormant ;) (and "H" or "no H" doesn't matter much then...so Have & avoid sound alike... that's coming from my french background where the h is mostly just a decorative letter)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Justintime9 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:12 am

Ok, I just made this cupboard and put it at one of the bare walls. The problem is it's a little dark, so I might put it by the other wall. What do you think of maybe putting a Nexus terminal in there? That would cover one of the walls. Or is it unnecessary, because the age will already show up in the Nexus?

Justintime9

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard