Gehn.17 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.17 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Fix a noticable FPS stutter when adding a buddy.
  • Fix broken Ahnonay sphere rotation when a human avatar goes swimming.
  • Fix Er'cana control panel.
  • Fix invisible quab bug.
  • Fix some invalid visual states caused by Cyan's inability to type/spell.
  • Fix some potential buffer overflows.
  • Improve avatar headshot images.
  • Prefill skinned vertex buffers (less lag!).
  • Iterate cellular automata.

This is a simple long-overdue bug-fix release to collect some of the nice fixes which have been accumulating since the last release. Enjoy!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.17 Live!

Postby Acorn » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:51 am

How exciting - and unexpected! It had all gone quiet, I thought. Clearly, lots was going on behind the scenes. Thanks to all involved! Now for some fresh testing. :D

(to the extent possible with my rubbish laptop - it may take me some time to get through the game! :x )
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:44 am

If only that were true =P. In reality, this update is comprised of things that were done before August. Gehn 17 was supposed to be much more impressive update, but schedules filled up. Fortunately, Zrax, Deledrius, and I all had a few spare minutes at the same time this weekend. So, what was going to be a routine server restart and database vacuum became "push out all the updates that should have gone out a month ago" :ugeek: .
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 am

Well, if Ahnonay will turn, and the quabs misbehave less, then in my book that's still a really useful update :)

I just need to check that out, with new avvie AcornGehn17, if Wam is prepared to give it another try, some time soon...

(Afraid that the fish baskets are still their normal disobedient selves, but that was only to be expected :x )
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

Acorn wrote:Well, if Ahnonay will turn, and the quabs misbehave less, then in my book that's still a really useful update :)

I just need to check that out, with new avvie AcornGehn17, if Wam is prepared to give it another try, some time soon...

(Afraid that the fish baskets are still their normal disobedient selves, but that was only to be expected :x )

Well, Wam kindly helped me again and we can report that Ahnonay worked perfectly! We tested swimming avvies, and there were no invisible quabs - or if there were, we didn't see them :lol:

Phew! Great job, Adam! :D
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Acorn wrote:Afraid that the fish baskets are still their normal disobedient selves, but that was only to be expected :x

:x Those Fish Basket were very skittish. I had the last two baskets set up and was standing on then when Acorn returned and they moved out from under me :evil: Then when she was able to walk on them Image they moved enough to almost put her into the water. :oops:
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote: I had the last two baskets set up and was standing on then when Acorn returned and they moved out from under me :evil: Then when she was able to walk on them Image they moved enough to almost put her into the water. :oops:

:lol: Don't worry about it, Wam, we defeated those dratted baskets and that's what counts! 8-)

But they do seem to be getting meaner each time we do defeat them :shock: :)
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:57 pm

:roll: Maybe we need to establish an Age with a bucking bronco ride :lol: - for we DO seem to have some bull-headed baskets LOL
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Sirius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:34 pm

If those baskets are so mean, it might be worth adding something to cross the water, until the collisions behave normally.
Either put a new mesh, or freeze some of those baskets at the correct location...
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Sirius wrote:If those baskets are so mean, it might be worth adding something to cross the water, until the collisions behave normally.
Either put a new mesh, or freeze some of those baskets at the correct location...

If I were going to edit Gira, I'd be sorely tempted to rework that entire puzzle to not be so entirely boneheaded... :twisted:
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Next

Return to Gehn Shard