Gehn.17 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Gehn.17 Live!

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:28 am

Deledrius wrote:If I were going to edit Gira, I'd be sorely tempted to rework that entire puzzle to not be so entirely boneheaded... :twisted:

If you were to accomplish that little miracle - I would be eternally grateful Image
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Calam » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:53 pm

After years away from Uru, tiring of Cyan's delays in any meaningful license releases, etc., I have now come back to be re-inspired by this game.

More than anything else, I am inspired by Gehn shard. The 3 fan Ages there so far are beautiful and blend with the game almost seamlessly. The improvements in lag, loading time, screen resolution support, even higher resolution Avatar Customization screen... It's incredible to see and so very, very encouraging. These are all things I waited so many years and decided would never see, and now here I'm seeing it. This gives me hope that I will see more.

I just want to say thank you that you guys haven't given up on this game, and that you've forged ahead with improving it before the game is so hopelessly outdated that it's a pointless effort. I didn't even care that there was nobody else on the server when I logged in. I've stood in enough crowds in Ae'gura over the last decade to not need to do that anymore. I'm just thrilled to see signs that this game's potential, which I have so long believed in, is starting to show some degree of fruition.

Your work here has even inspired me to take up 3D modeling again and actually take the time to learn 3DSMax so I can fully realize my own ideas. I know it will take time, but now that I see there is actually a place to display any work I make, a place that in fact must be earned, gives me something to shoot for.
Calam

Postby dendwaler » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Welcome Back Calam!,
I hope you will be able to realize your ideas soon.
The concepts i have seen from you in the very past are all both , amazingly beautifull and detailed..
So once you feel confident in 3Dmax we can expect something worth the Gehn shard.
Do you start learning 3DMax? .....or have you used the last years to learn Max? There is some difference between those two ;)
Anyway, after being years here on this forum ,i believe the best way to make progress is to keep your findings and results as open as possible ,
instead of working completely in the background.
If you do the latter, then there is nothing in this forum that attracks people, new or old friends.
We need good artist badly here, there is enough knowledge, its the art of making concepts and puzzles which can be realized within the limitations of the Plasma engine that lags.
And ofcoarse it all has to fit in the story.
In my opinion we survived the years as a guild , because there has always been something worthfully to see or read here on this forum.
If that is gone and not any recognition of progress overhere , enthusiasm will die, and then nothing is left.
Let us not that happen.
I wish you all the best and will be one of many here, that can possibly help to make your efforts fruitfull.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:00 am

Calam I also wish to welcome you back, I am SO looking forward to your creations...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Ehren » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Calam wrote:More than anything else, I am inspired by Gehn shard. The 3 fan Ages there so far are beautiful and blend with the game almost seamlessly. The improvements in lag, loading time, screen resolution support, even higher resolution Avatar Customization screen...

If MOULa does seem slower to you, it's probably because the MOULa server has the most avatars and instances on it...

For me though, all the loading is roughly the same amount of time between MOULa and various shards.

Well the INTERNAL client for MOULa is fastest of all, but I mean going by the normal External ones.
Ehren

Previous

Return to Gehn Shard