Breldur, my new age

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Breldur, my new age

Postby Erik » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:48 am

Any news yet? ;)
Erik

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Jonnee has not visited this forum since April 6. :(
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Chacal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:55 am

:(
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Chuckles58 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:12 pm

For the last several years, Jonnee has had extended periods of time with little progress on Breldur. IIRC, this is due to school/work commitments. I think he has resumed activity on his age around February each year. This year's activity seems to have been shortened somewhat. I'm sure we're all still anxious to see this age completed.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Ainia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Shorah everyone,

Since Jonnee's video previews of Breldur disappeared from Vimeo and YouTube almost two years ago by now :( , I don't suppose anyone happened to snag them... :?: I'd really like to add them to my Relto library project.

<fingers crossed>
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Sirius » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 am

I fear this project is now dead forever... :( And unless someone has the habit of downloading videos and keeping them for 2 years on his/her HDD, the videos are gone too.
Sirius

Postby Tweek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 am

I don't have the videos but I have all the screenshots
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby janaba » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 am

Maybe Sirius is right, it seems he abandoned this project and removed the videos ...
Maybe we should respect that he doesn't want to have them publicly available, in case
my assumption was right ... /shrug ... :P

Fortunately, he uploaded all of the screenshots to the GoW server so that they remain
available for all to see and admire in this thread, but what's the use anyhow? Why holding
onto sth that probably belongs to the past and won't be completed and joyfully handed
over to the public anymore? ... O_o, dear Jonnee ... He was such a nice and passionate
Uruite and age builder ... Maybe he has given up on Uru itself completely ... :geek:
janaba

Postby Ainia » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Shorah again,

Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, I realize that Jonnee had his reasons for removing the videos. With my Relto Library project, I'm developing an archive of interesting, inspirational and informative Uru items for the use of explorers. In the case of this sub-project, I was thinking of making it a private part of the library (i.e. for my own use) in order to respect Jonnee's desire to remove Breldur from public eyes. Whatever the reason for the death of this project, my own feeling is that it is worth preserving the remnants.

From an IC perspective, I suppose it's an Age restoration project that failed somewhere along the way (and apparently trapped Jonnee in Breldur, without a way back :shock: :o ). Even failed restoration efforts are a part of Uru's history...

I grabbed all the screenshots Jonnee posted here as he was developing Breldur but didn't think to grab his videos too... Ah well, I'll do my best with what I have then! ;)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Ainia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Shorah friends,

I received an unexpected package from overseas today. There was no return address so I do not know who the mysterious "R" might be. But I wanted to share its contents with everyone here.

Consider this a gift from me to everyone who loves Uru (and especially for our dear Jonnee where ever he might be).

Age Journal
ImageImage
Ainia

PreviousNext

Return to Building