Escher's Relativity is doable

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Escher's Relativity is doable

Postby Acorn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:37 pm

is it going to be on UAM? If not, please can you explain step by step what to do in order to play it as a stand-alone? (I already have the previous version on UAM.) I can't wait to see it. :D
Acorn

Postby tachzusamm » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:22 pm

You could just extract all files in the .RAR to your URU CC directory, keeping the directory structure.
So, files in dat directory of the RAR archive go into dat directory of your URU CC, files in SDL go into SDL, and so on.

If unsure where to unpack, unpack everything into a new folder of your choice, keeping the directory structure, and copy them over by hand as described above.
tachzusamm

Postby janaba » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:55 pm

I am almost speechless, this is almost unbelievable what you have accomplished and created with this masterpiece of art, yes, this isn't just a new and beautiful fan age, this is an absolute perfect, timeless masterpiece of art, scientifically sound transposed and realized, and the brilliantly demonstrated proof as this topic's header suggests or claims that 'Escher's Relativity IS doable', what a tribute! ... Congratulations, everyone, for an awesome job and outstanding challenge brilliantly mastered ... :P

This world has become so vast and there is so much to explore and admire right now, wow ... and everything looks and feels so realistic, one can almost feel the sun, smell the grass and greenery and the fresh air, and the music fits so perfectly well, now even more than before ... There is still so much awesome 'stuff' to look into and to explore, oh, Annabelle, OMG, you will just love all those collisions or non-collisions and various levels and camera angles, wow, this is all so magical and so beautiful and so much fun ... :)

Haha, it is quite late here already, just as for you, tach lol, so, I had to stop exploring ... The door buttons and the wooden gate and everything is working well in the Drizzle Uru Offline version btw ...

I don't know how this works for UAM, but in my offline version I just have to extract the zip resp. rar archive into the main directory of the Uru installation, in my case that is "M:\DRIZZLE\TPOTS Offline\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst" where all the dat files and everything is installed and stored ... The sum file was ok, so, there's no need for an update with UruFun.exe, Acorn and all ...

Yeah, many many thanks to our awesome creator team of the 'Relativity' world, thank you for releasing this ahead of time as a still WIP and for us as a very special and precious Christmas gift ... I just remember that you even integrated the discussion forum here into the credits, wow, thank you ... Ok, everyone, enjoy this extraordinary gift and a very happy Merry Christmas time to all of you ... :)
janaba

Postby Ainia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Shorah and Wohba folks!

After some exploring on the Deep Island shard, I captured just a *tiny* bit of the wonders in this Age and am sharing them here. If you see this and don't immediately grab your Relto book and head down below, then it's time to turn in your explorer gear! :P In other words, it is an amazing achievement by our Age Writers and deserves far more praise than I have the words to express! :D

I also shot a few videos, as still photos cannot show off the garden sculptures in any real measure.

There are *many* FAR BETTER views to be seen in Relativity, and it is nothing short of AMAZING to explore here with buddies! Find your own favorite views (it will be hard to narrow them down once you start collecting them)! ;)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Calena » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm so happy tachzusamm and Karkadann finally decided to share their masterpiece with everyone. I want to thank you guys for allowing me the opportunity to contribute to building this age. I admit I had the fun part though. While poor tach was giving himself headaches trying to work out the thousands of lines of code that run what happens in here, he had me building snowmen and igloos! I was having all the fun :lol: .

One thing no one has mentioned that I finally had the opportunity to try out for myself this morning was tach's solution to latency causing the avatars to fall through the floors. The first time it occured, I just walked two steps forward and was magically through the wonders of python thrown right back to where I belonged! That was actually fun :D . Great job on getting a fix for that tach!

Now we can only wonder what all else is in all of your heads for the next version. The one thing I'm sure of is that it will be awesome.
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Chuckles58 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:42 pm

I made my first visit to the most recent version of Relativity, and I am quite pleased. It was already my favorite fan age, and I have to say y'all have done a wonderful job adding to the wonder and enjoyment of the age. I really enjoyed the cube, triangle and especially the stairs. Excellent job and I look forward to figuring out some of the new stuff when I have more time to explore. Thanks for everybody's hard work and dedication to making a most awesome experience.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Acorn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:34 am

tachzusamm wrote:You could just extract all files in the .RAR to your URU CC directory, keeping the directory structure.
So, files in dat directory of the RAR archive go into dat directory of your URU CC, files in SDL go into SDL, and so on.

If unsure where to unpack, unpack everything into a new folder of your choice, keeping the directory structure, and copy them over by hand as described above.

janaba wrote:I don't know how this works for UAM, but in my offline version I just have to extract the zip resp. rar archive into the main directory of the Uru installation, in my case that is "M:\DRIZZLE\TPOTS Offline\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst" where all the dat files and everything is installed and stored ... The sum file was ok, so, there's no need for an update with UruFun.exe, Acorn and all ...

Thank you both! I'll give it a try. :D

(edited to give credit to both advisers!)
Acorn

Postby diafero » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 am

I can easily out the age in UAM as well, but I was unsure whether that's what tach wanted or not. However, maybe we should first figure out the online problems, so that I don't have to put two new version into UAM the same day ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:51 am

As I cannot explore today or during the christmas days or maybe even for the rest of the year I at least wanted to upload a few of my many pictures I've taken ... It was very late yesterday when I've downloaded and installed the new Relativity version, so I could just explore a little bit outside, Ainia has posted a few inside views, which are so awesome, and the penrose videos are great as well, thanks for creating and sharing them ... :P

I think those videos convey quite well the magic, the astounding expertise in everything Uru code/geometry/physics/mathematics etc. that went into those creations, but of course, and you've said this already, Ainia, those very small excerpts and in every respect limited illustrations through our small pictures etc. cannot transmit the whole genius, beauty, realism and excellence that created this all, and which have to be experienced in person and in full view ... :geek:

Ok, everyone, enjoy some more first impressions of this extraordinary gem if you like ... :)

Show Spoiler
janaba

Postby diafero » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Tach and me just fixed the age, so the doors etc. are working now :)
I also put it on UAM.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Building