3DS Max for Beginers

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: 3DS Max for Beginers

Postby Acorn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:I am only just beginning, BUT I want the best Age that it is possible to generate

That's wonderful, Wam. But I'm curious. Are you going to share any of your ideas as the age develops, or will you keep it all to yourself? For example, I'm guessing there might be water, given the tutorials you've flagged....
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Acorn wrote:
Wamduskasapa wrote:I am only just beginning, BUT I want the best Age that it is possible to generate

That's wonderful, Wam. But I'm curious. Are you going to share any of your ideas as the age develops, or will you keep it all to yourself? For example, I'm guessing there might be water, given the tutorials you've flagged....

Currently I am only planning on a fountain. Right now I am working with TerraGen to plan out what the Age will look like. The Name of the age will be Blue Garden. And as it stands right now only very little of the age has been completed within TerraGen, Here is the latest render.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:Image

Wow, Terragen has really come a long way since I used to play with it. That's beautiful.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:52 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:Here is the latest render.

gorgeous!
Acorn

Postby janaba » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:26 am

Absolutely stunningly awesome!!! ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:35 am

I just tried importing the construct into 3DS Max from TerraGen.

NONE of the textures, plants, buildings, or atmospheric effects exported..

As far as URU is concerned, TerraGen is only good for constructing the terrain. Though it can and will give me a very good idea of how my Age MIGHT look after completion...
Wamduskasapa

Postby tachzusamm » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:04 am

The render looks fantastic. :shock:

Wamduskasapa wrote:I just tried importing the construct into 3DS Max from TerraGen.
NONE of the textures, plants, buildings, or atmospheric effects exported..

Googlin' "Terragen to 3ds max" gave me lots of links to converting tutorials, conversion software and forum entries where other people were discussing the same issues.
Maybe you can benefit from this. ;)
tachzusamm

Postby Karkadann » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Absolutely amazing, I had no idea you where so advanced, I hope the 3DS Max program works for ya Id love to see something like your render as an addition to the collection of ages that have accumulated over the years, I think It would definitely stand out as one of the better ones
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:56 am

Karkadann wrote:Absolutely amazing, I had no idea you where so advanced, I hope the 3DS Max program works for ya Id love to see something like your render as an addition to the collection of ages that have accumulated over the years, I think It would definitely stand out as one of the better ones

I am sorry - but I must contradict you, In no way can I be considered advanced with the creation of my Age as it stands now, it is only in the conception phase of construction..

I haven't even started with 3DS Max yet. The only thing that I have worked with is TerraGen, and in NO WAY is it compatible with CYAN's creation of URU.

So if I can not find a way to port my creation from TerraGen to 3DS Max, I will have quite a steep learning curve ahead of me...
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:40 am

Well it still looks amazing. any way as a worst case senerio situation if you can export the mesh for your age, atmospheric effects, I know their is two ways to do fog in Max/plasma the Textures are always time consuming any way you cut it to make them look good. and their are a whole host of things you can do with responders with or without plasma, lighting........hmm from what I understand can sometimes make or brake an age.

one of the issues that might be a problem is something Tack ran into with Relativity, all the unnecessary lines faces and vertex's that some export processes produce.

It definitely looks like fun and a challenge and will make for one of the many interesting puzzles of age creation you will encounter.

Good Luck and if thier is anything you think we can help you with don't hesitate to ask
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to Building