Reward or Takable Clothing Tutorial

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Reward or Takable Clothing Tutorial

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:47 pm

andylegate wrote:4) I want cookies from someone. Not some sugar free, fat free garbage that I'm forced to eat. I wanna WHOLE bag of Oreos, and a gallon of ice cold milk! Don't worry, I'll consume them after I've done the work since it will put me in a diabetic coma......

I can't help you with the sugar treats since I also am diabetic, But here is a Picture of something that I often dream about. A plate of Hot gooey chocolate Brownies. Just print the picture out and hang it above your monitor, then you can drool and salivate without having your blood sugar soar sky high and then bottoming out...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Calena » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm

andylegate wrote:Reflection after just getting back from the hospital to see my Dad.......

I'll do the work and copy my tutorials over here. It will keep me busy and my mind off of my father. I need something to DO. I've been growling at my kids, my wife, and everyone in general lately, because being angry feels better than this effing black pit of depression that keeps trying to over take me.

Ah geez, been there, done that. It's about the worst thing imaginable (unless it's your kid, then it's worse). My thoughts and prayers are with you.

1) I need guidence from you all: How do you want them laid out? As you mentioned, the organization before of the GoW Wiki was horrible and made things hard to find. Over at the UAM, I tried to organize it as best as possible: Materials and Textures tutorials together, Avatar tutorials together, etc, etc. I just don't want to dump them over here.

I'd like a big button titled "Andy's Tutorials - Go Here First". Seriously, you'll never please everyone, so do what makes sense to you. It'll probably be the best way anyhow. In any case, trust me, we'll find them. If we can build ages, we should be able to use search engines ;) . Then again, some people just like to bi . . .
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby diafero » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:04 am

Regarding guidelines: From how the pages that exist so far are laid out, I would put your tutorials into the Max: namespace, and add a tutorial template at the top, like this one: http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/Max:Installation, and appropriate categories at the bottom. Something like [[Category:Max tutorials]]. That makes it easier to find them all. But I'm in no position to set any guidelines, this is just extrapolation based on the PyPRP sites ;-)
I just removed two trailing "." from wiki page titles you created - usually, a title is not a sentence, so it makes to sense to end it with a dot. Redirects are automatically created, so your links will continue to work ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 am

I'll take a look at the tutorials in a bit. My car's in the shop, and it's my day off, so I might as well do something that's actually useful for a change. I'll see about getting some syntax highlighting and a contribution guide up somewhere as well.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:29 pm

I just wikified one of your tutorials: http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/Max:Stencils

I renamed the page to be in line with our new naming convention, cleared up excess whitespace (by changing all of the fullsized images into links or thumbnails), and cut down on excessive rambling, which clarified the process a bit. The vast majority of the content is still your original submission, it's just been tweaked into something that makes the Wiki Tsar happy. I also came up with a stub page for wiki guidelines. This will definitely get expanded at some point in the future.

I'll work on getting the geshi syntax highlighting extension installed at some point in the future.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby andylegate » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 am

The link you made to Gimp Shop is not the program I used. I used a newer version, not called Gimp Shop, but called GIMP and is a forked, much more newer and stable version of the paint program.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby kaelisebonrai » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:19 am

Actually, GIMP is the original - GIMP Shop is the fork >.> Not sure why Hoikas would link to GIMP Shop, unless you specifically used the term "GIMP Shop" =P (GIMP is still actively maintained, and Gimp Shop isn't anymore, I guess.)

EDIT: And, yes, you did, infact, use the term Gimp Shop. That is why Hoikas linked to Gimp Shop... he doesn't read minds.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 am

Oops. I thought GimpShop looked funny, but I googled it and linked to what I saw ;)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby andylegate » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Tony with Cyan legal has replied on the subject about Cyan's files:

Hey Andy,

We've discussed this and do not have a problem with you making the 3DS Max files for both the Male and Female Avatar Global Clothing, as requested herein, available to the Uru community .

BTW - Thanks for all your help with the Mars project! It was an interesting concept.

Cheers
Tony

On Jul 19, 2011, at 9:50 AM, Andy Legate wrote:

Tony,

Mark directed me to ask you about this, as he has no authorization on this issue, however due to what is going on over at Cyan right now, did warn me that your answer might take a while (if ever). However it is an important issue so I'm sending this to ask anyway:

As you know, for the Mars Colony project, Cyan gave me the 3DS Max files for both the Male and Female Avatar Global Clothing, so that a proper EVA or Space Suit could be made.

The sharing of these files with other individuals is prohibited due to the NDA I signed, and I understand that completely.

However, I do have 2 questions:

Would it be possible to share these files with the Uru community, in that they are Max files, containing no coding what so ever, but are Objects and Textures. Cyan has already shared 2 of these to the MOUL community:

The KI Max file, and the Wave Emote Max file: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20772

If, due to the fact that the Avatar's Global Clothing files contain the actual Clothing meshes and textures, is a IP copyright that Cyan would be worried with, and would result in the answer of sharing those files with the community being "No." I do have another question:

In the files is the Bone Structure for the Avatar. This is available to the community already in the Wave Emote Max file that was shared by Cyan already back in April last year, would it still be possible for me to make a new 3DS Max file, and simply include just the Bone Structure, and the Base Smoothing Meshes (these are also available to any one in the community, as they can be pulled directly out of the content files), but NOT include any of the actual clothing Meshes (IE Fans will have to make their own clothing, textures, etc).

While I understand your time is extremely important, any response you can give on this in a timely manner would be greatly appriciated.

-Andy Legate

So Cyan has officially spoken that they do not mind if I share the files for Global Avatar Clothing they gave me (This means all 10 files for Male and Female clothing and texture assets).

These are 3DS Max Scene files ( *.max), and I'm not aware of any other license issues (especially considering the massive amount of Max scene files available for download and even purchase on the internet).

So as far as Cyan is concerned, there isn't a problem with me sharing the files with the community. If there is a problem elsewhere, then someone else will have to inform me, else I'll be making these files available to the community.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Deledrius » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:53 pm

That's awesome, Andy!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Building