Escher's Relativity is doable

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Escher's Relativity is doable

Postby Corvus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 am

I made this book cover for Relativity as Diafero asked for one.

If you like it it's yours.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Karkadann » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Would any one object if Relativity was uploaded to the UAM?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby tachzusamm » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:17 am

D'Lanor reported a small bug in my modified prp_DrawClasses.py I provided with source package in PyPRP/Optional folder.
There was leftover debugging code that directly writes a text file to drive C:/ during export in some cases (when you use large meshes, a file "C:/URU_EXPORT.TXT" was written.)

Should not harm, and the written file is very small, but because it's bad behavior, here's the fix:
DrawClasses_BugFix.zip
(18.33 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

Only applies IF you decided to use DrawClasses from the Optional folder, of course.
tachzusamm

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 am

Karkadann, tach, you are the authors, so you got to tell me if I can use that book cover :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tachzusamm » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:27 am

Oh, sorry. I wanted to have a look how it appears in the bookshelf offline first; did it now.
(Seemed to me a bit different compared to the example image, because one side is just black, but it appears to be the back side.)
I really like the cover you created, Corvus. Thank you very much. 8-)

So, here's an okay from my side; I would love to see Corvus' creation officially used. :)
tachzusamm

Postby Karkadann » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:48 am

So, here's an okay from my side; I would love to see Corvus' creation officially used.

Looks good to me, I look forward to seeing the addition
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

...and Annabelle's Relativity is really weird

Postby Annabelle » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Hiya everyone!

Like usual, I had to sneak in this new age and let me say I'm still puzzled on how Karkadann made this one :shock:

There is nothing I can jump to :lol: it is a big subworld or maybe subworld(S)

Anyway here some picts that will help you understand the Great Principle of Relativity revised by non-other than me :D

Annabelle (with her hat) looking at Myrtille. The first was laughing at the second seeing her like that

Myrtille said to Annabelle shortly after..."Look at that smarty!!! Now who is supposed to laugh :lol: "

Hmm...some Relativity issue here let me see it a bit closer :lol:

Eureka! I understand the Great Principle of Relativity, all is so clear in my head now ;)

Next principle I will revised is the Great Principle of Buoyancy, check this one out in a theater near you :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:58 am

The age was actually built by Karkadann and tachzusamm, so far - Karkadann created the model, and tach the Python scripting for the subworld changes and all that is necessary to make Uru work in rotated subworlds (please correct me if that is incorrect)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tachzusamm » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 am

diafero wrote:Karkadann created the model,

plus, he delivered the tile textures for the floors (beige, red, blue) and the stone textures I used for texturing the walls and pillars.
He also already made some doors and a table+chairs, and a vase in a later MAX version - which I currently did not include in the current Blender version.
diafero wrote:and tach the Python scripting for the subworld changes and all that is necessary to make Uru work in rotated subworlds

and I did the texturing, UV-unwrapping and lightmapping in the current Blender version, because I was only able to import the pure mesh into Blender.
Additionally, I added some elements, like the Transporters and the Elevator, and the garden planes (which are only a placeholder for now).

Do we need to organize further development of the Age?
I mean, since it's released as sources now, who will add the next elements (gardens, doors, chairs, vases, trees, ...) to avoid that multiple members work on it the same time and in the end we get one version with gardens but without doors, one version with doors but no garden, and so on.

Aloys already showed interest to do the garden part.
We also need ambient sound, a sky (better: 3 skies, one for each "world", each having its own sun), and various stuff.
tachzusamm

Postby Chuckles58 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:51 am

It has been great following this thread as it has gone from idea to reality. This age is a good example of pooling talents and should encourage other such team efforts. Thanks for keeping us spectators excited with the developments.

@Annabelle - I had just found the same invisible extension of that blue staircase to nowhere. It does give you a good spot to take pictures.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

PreviousNext

Return to Building