An Age Suggestion- Walking Maze!

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: An Age Suggestion- Walking Maze!

Postby Karkadann » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:12 pm

AHHHHHHH im gonna skin this python and make hat bands out of it, if I cant figure it out.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Karkadann wrote:AHHHHHHH im gonna skin this python and make hat bands out of it, if I cant figure it out.

Hey that Python is a little bit bigger and tougher tham you might think

Why don't you make a pair of Snake Skin Moccasins??
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Karkadann » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:07 pm

One Hat band and two pair of Snake Skin Moccasins coming up. acualy I did a little work in leather and I dont think It would be that hard.

In the mean time Im gonna leave Python to the snake handlers and go back to 3D structures, from Cones and barriers and the Walking Maze to MC Eschers Relativity and a dice cage I can do, but coding was never my cup of tea.

So put me on the list for 3d Structures, If any one needs something build let me know as long as you can do the coding and python stuff
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Paradox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:30 am

pokemon71096 wrote:So, i was "talking" (ah the internet) to Chris Sifniotis a little while ago, and I showed him a picture of the unused Selenitic walking maze shown here: http://mrillustrated.com/mystnotin.php

So this is semi-off-topic here, but still a bit relevant given that there were requests for information about the history of the image. Chuck Carter recently answered about it in a reddit AMA.

Chuck Carter wrote:Storytime - Rand made a design for the underground part of the Selenetic age - it was supposed to be a bunch of walk ways and bridges that lead to various hubs where sounds would be played letting you know which direction you need to go to find your way out. He thought it would take me a month to build the model. I said I could do it in two weeks... so we had a bet. $200. I built it in two weeks and it looked bad ass. Now seeing the model and how we made the user interface out of separate rendered screens we placed camera around the model and once we were done and did the math - we saw it would have taken two years to render out every shot! So obviously it would not work. Now I had a copy of the Jouneyman Project given to me by one of the guys who made it and while playing it they had this tram like vehicle in it with a window that showed you moving - a tiny window. So I got the idea that we make the underground world a train/elevator like ride where you saw yourself moving through the game to the various hubs with the sound clues and the ability to rotate the train to different tracks - it worked, I made the new models and tracks and it took a month to render and animate and program. And I won $200 in the process... :)
Paradox

Postby janaba » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:15 am

This is hilarious!!! ... Thanks, Paradox ... :D

Oh, how I love the stories behind of all of this and the Making-Ofs ... That is the
energy that is still prevalent in every pixel, in every nook and corner of those worlds
and which keeps us glued to them haha ... This isn't semi-off-topic, in the contrary,
this makes this thread and subject now complete, IMHO ...

I must say, this background makes your artistic and technical realization even
more awesome and impressive, Karkadann ... So, another thumbsup is in order ... 8-)

Thanks again for sharing, Paradox ... :P
janaba

Postby Sirius » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:29 am

:lol: Nice story ! Really.

BTW, since I like the Walking Maze, I tried creating a linking book (using D'Lanor's book template), and this time it worked.

wm0.jpg
wm0.jpg (470.88 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
wm1.jpg
wm1.jpg (694.88 KiB) Viewed 3416 times

(Sorry, the pictures are quite big :oops: )

So, if you want the Python scripts, here they are.
You'll need to create a PythonFileMod using the WalkingMaze_BookGUI Python file, set the first parameter to you clickable activator, and the second one to "MystLinkingBook". I don't know how to do it in Max, you'll have to find out. Then you compile the Python file in a WalkingMaze.pak file, and it should be fine.
Hope it will help.

wm.zip
(10.22 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 am

unfortunately these pythons dont work in Max I either get this
or they dont show up in the python file drop down menu, unfortunately the majority of the age creators here are into Blender and
some of the tutorials seem to be adaptations from Blender to Max, which is a problem I a have come across several times.
and although Im greatfull for any help I can get, some of the ideas files and tutorials dont seem to work, What I have been
doing is finding shortcuts and various other ways around what I do not understand, (like a BahroCave Style link instead of a book)
lucky for me Max is similar to AutoCad (which is what I used to do the main struckure in Relativity) in that their is usually 2 or three
ways of doing everything but when you throw Plasma into the mix it tens to complicate matters
Karkadann

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Yes, my book template is evil for Max users. :D Andy figured out how to adapt it. Try this.

wm_edit.zip
(10.52 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Karkadann » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Thank you D'Lanor it worked perfectly, here is the second update for the WalkingMaze
Tell Me what you think

http://www.mediafire.com/?ganewa7a1lm3mx6

edit to inlarge
Last edited by Karkadann on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Don't want to spoil anything right now, so, I just say awesome! What a nice idea and surprise, Karkadann ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion