A link ... to a big problem (Story of a limit crossing)

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

A link ... to a big problem (Story of a limit crossing)

Postby Annabelle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit sad today because my Annabelle back on MOULa cannot use her brown book to link to private hood links anymore.

And I can say I'm not the only one to have this problem.

I don't want to write a post on MOULa forum because there will be a good thinker to say to me "Hey! You cross a limit! Now pay for your sins!!!!!"

Some explorers followed one of my buddies in his Kirel Journey, though I develop mine from scratch but after seeing him. I won't tell his name because I didn't ask his authorisation.

The big picture: on MOULa we can go from the nexus room to Seed room, class room, garden of lights, auditorium (for now I'm the only one to have gone there), spy window (for now I'm the only one to have gone there), so in theory everywhere but the high balcony in Kirel.

Problem is that behind seed room closed door we can explore at will and touch everything there. We all, for the ones that have reached the Seed room, touched the link to the Concert Hall which is working. It adds a new link in our Nexus called "IslmConcertHallFoyer".

Doing such, we all lost our brown book. We have it in our bookshelves back in our Relto. The problem comes when touching it...The book doesn't open up and we have to litteraly Relto out by activating our Relto book (F3 key) to go back in our Relto and be able to move.

So if a good hearted grey hat wants to help me, please feel free to contact me in private or if something can be done and can be talked in public please post the solution here.

If you need more explanation I can give you more but I think I summarized it well :cry: :cry: :cry:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: A link ... to a big problem (Story of a limit crossing)

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Please post the KI numbers of the affected avatars here or PM them to me and I will correct the issue.

Those bahro stones break stuff ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:46 am

Thank you very much Adam :D

I'm in the process of gathering explorers KI numbers. I have 5 so far including mine. I think there is at least 5 more to be add. I ask everyone's consent because I explain to them what you will do so I need them to be willing. And of course, since I will give other explorers KI numbers I will send them to you in PM to keep confidentiality. So I will try to send every outlaws :lol: KI numbers in one PM so you will be able to proceed easily and we will warn other explorers in our quests to not touch the bahro stone even if it is tempting and it's calling us to touch it ;). I don't want you to become the Cavern main repairman for the limit crossers :).

All pioneers will get their brown book back and the followers will have to be careful.

Ehren told me he had the same problem going thru the "Yeesha Magic" with the Fun House help. So some might not be following our quests in Kirel and still loose their brown book.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:39 pm

I look forward to the PM.

I'll take a look at fixing the bug in the code as well--you're right in that more people than we know of will probably find the bahro stones and break their city books. [EDIT: And done. That was easy.]
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reason.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Branan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I don't think this is the first time we've had to fix a broken Ae'gura book from those old stones. They should really be disabled
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Calam » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:59 pm

I remember Cyan having similar problems early in MO:UL.
Calam

Postby Ehren » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Annabelle wrote:Ehren told me he had the same problem going thru the "Yeesha Magic" with the Fun House help. So some might not be following our quests in Kirel and still loose their brown book.

The first time I got in the Kirel stone room, it was with help from the Fun House "magic", I used the stone and had a problem with the city book after that, but it was fixed pretty quickly by a gray hat.

After enough practice I got into the stone room using the jumping trick and a marker game someone gave me. But I hadn't ever linked through the stone again since then.
Ehren

Return to General Discussion