Postby Chacal » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 pm

I think he means Ryan Warzecha.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Re: Who Else?

Postby Calam » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Chacal wrote:I think he means Ryan Warzecha.

:yeahthat:

Tsar Hoikas wrote:RAWA has sent me a grand total of one email, and in that email he proved without a doubt in my mind that he does not truly get the community. Rather, he prefers to cater to those who worship the holy blue.

Then I suppose I stand corrected.

Speaking of which, it does seem interesting to me that a great majority of these communication problems seriously escalated when Ryan Warzecha left. Perhaps he was the primary vital link between Rand and the community? Maybe the reason RAWA responds the way he does is because all he ever looks at is the MO:ULa forums. The Uru community extends well beyond that boundary, and Ryan was much more connected with the community as a whole than RAWA is.
Calam

Postby Paradox » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 pm

So now Cyan has basically tried to stop all open-source discussion on their boards, and redirect it to OU or GoW. They've also locked down discussion on their iOS games.

Given their current lack of staff and lack of projects, I get the feeling that they're trying to shut the forums down.
Paradox

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Paradox wrote:Given their current lack of staff and lack of projects, I get the feeling that they're trying to shut the forums down.

Which would not be the worst decision they ever made.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Chacal » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:31 pm

It makes sense.
If they keep a forum up, they have to assume responsibility for it.
This means administrative costs. Even if the mods are volunteers, managing the mods means an administrative cost.
Running costs for things that do not contribute to revenue does not make sense when money runs short.
They only keep the MOULa server running because donations exceed the costs for now.
At some point it will be the same for the forums server.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Tomala » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Uru itself wouldn't last much longer then either. Whole thing seems to be zombified really.
Tomala

Postby Chuckles58 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Looks like the whole MOULa forum has been Veranun'd. Makes it easier to drop in and see if anything is going on.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby C.J.Herkeless » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Tomala wrote:Uru itself wouldn't last much longer then either.

I can say little except, I long for so much outside of that.
C.J.Herkeless

Postby Karkadann » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Paradox wrote:So now Cyan has basically tried to stop all open-source discussion on their boards, and redirect it to OU or GoW. They've also locked down discussion on their iOS games.

Given their current lack of staff and lack of projects, I get the feeling that they're trying to shut the forums down.

So one out of how many Uru associated forums go down, Uru has gained a following that refuses to let it die. Don't be surprised if the Brain-child of Cyan outlives its parents, rightfully so Children should always outlive their parents even if the child is no more then an idea or a virtual gathering place for all types of people from all walks of life.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Tomala » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Speaking of which, it does seem interesting to me that a great majority of these communication problems seriously escalated when Ryan Warzecha left.

I'm sorry. I somehow missed this.

No, it was still just as bad as it's ever been. It's just more obvious these days. I think I've lost count of all of the threads I've ever seen over the years regarding the poor moderation over at the MOUL forum. Ryan's take on the community is/was no different than RAWA's.
Tomala

Previous

Return to General Discussion