H'uru client question

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

H'uru client question

Postby Shaitan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Hello:

I have compiled the H'uru client from github source, according to the instructions in Readme.md.
CMake could not find Python, so I installed Python 3.8.5 32-bit on my compile box, and then CMake completed the generation process without errors.

I have followed the "Running Instructions" and created a client folder on my gaming system as instructed, but the client stops when it tries to init Python.
I have verified that I am using the /LocalData switch, and that it is an internal client build.

Code: Select all
(07/26 14:12:23) Python 3.8.5 Main init failed!!
(07/26 14:12:23) init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
(07/26 14:12:23) Python file xKI.py had errors!!! Could not load.
(07/26 14:12:24) Python file stupStartUp.py had errors!!! Could not load.

The only thing I was not able to do per the instructions was:

Copy the DLLs from the development libraries bundle, as well as the DLLs PhysXLoader.dll, NxExtensions.dll, NxCooking.dll, and NxCharacter.dll from your PhysX SDK installation into the MOUL-OS folder.

I copied over the PhysX 2.6.4 DLLs from my PhysX SDK as instructed, but there were no DLLs in the latest devlibs bundle, so I copied the python38.dll from my compile machine to the game machine.

Searching Google brings up references to the above error relating to incorrect Python environment variables, but the gaming system does not have anything Python installed, and has no Python environment vars. It also has no other development items installed, as it is strictly a gaming machine.

Any ideas on what I might have done incorrectly to cause this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.
Shaitan

Re: H'uru client question

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:49 pm

We just merged a big update to Python 3, so some of the instructions might be a bit hairy. I think you've run into an issue where we are lacking instructions... Make sure that you explicitly build the ScriptsSystem project. It and the Scripts project will correctly initialize the client python and python stdlib under python and python/system, respectively, in the build binary directory. Copy the python directory over to your client. You should only have to build the ScriptsSystem project once... until the Python version updates again...

Shaitan wrote:CMake could not find Python
[...]
there were no DLLs in the latest devlibs bundle, so I copied the python38.dll from my compile machine to the game machine.

Are you using the prepare_env.bat script? As part of the update to Python 3, we have moved all the development libraries to being statically built, so there should be no need for a Python DLL anymore. CMake's FindPython3 is a bit finicky, so, while it will require you to have a Python 3.8 install, it should correctly use the static library from the devlibs bundle. From your log post, I can see that it is using the Python 3.8.5 that you installed.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: H'uru client question

Postby Shaitan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Building the ScriptsSystem project was the missing item. The client runs and is able to log in to the server. :D

Thank you!!!!
Shaitan

Return to General Discussion