Myst V within Uru

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Myst V within Uru

Postby Race » Mon May 24, 2021 6:04 am

I’ve been enjoying getting back into uru and it was brought to my attention that Myst V ages could now be solved? In order to do you need the bahro stone which you get in the Myst V Kveer is there a way there I’m not seeing, a bahro stone link somewhere? If anything it should be added as a link to the nexus if it exists. Still can’t figure out how to override the global setting on the calendar sparks so I can enable them in the ages myself. Can anyone help?
Race

Re: Myst V within Uru

Postby Maroonroon » Mon May 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Hello.

For the Myst V Ages:
Do you use "Drizzle32.jar", and have you converted those Ages?
If the answer is yes for the two parts of the question, take a look around the volcano, at The Cleft (with rain, I think).

For the calendar sparks:
You have to edit the "SDL\personal.sdl" file (with the game turned off, I think) :arrow: Backup this file and the "sav" folder!
In that file, copy the last version and past it at the end of the file.
Now, upgrade the version number of what you just pasted.
Finaly, change the values of the sparks to have them on the calendar, and save the changes.
Maroonroon

Postby Race » Tue May 25, 2021 6:18 am

Maroonroon wrote:Hello.

For the Myst V Ages:
Do you use "Drizzle32.jar", and have you converted those Ages?
If the answer is yes for the two parts of the question, take a look around the volcano, at The Cleft (with rain, I think).

For the calendar sparks:
You have to edit the "SDL\personal.sdl" file (with the game turned off, I think) :arrow: Backup this file and the "sav" folder!
In that file, copy the last version and past it at the end of the file.
Now, upgrade the version number of what you just pasted.
Finaly, change the values of the sparks to have them on the calendar, and save the changes.

No I know how to enable them in the SDL for relto to have them on, what I want is to have them on in their respective ages permanently and not on a month to month basis as it’s doing now. I don’t know what the setting is for this but my old uru install from many many moons ago has it this way and I remember way back when setting that one up for the first time having the same issue I don’t recall how it was solved it’s been over ten years lol. Thanks for your reply though I do really appreciate it, I hope now that I’ve clarified the situation. You’ll know how to help with this. It’s agonizing. As for Myst V I know how to get to descent-direbo and the rest of it but in order to solve those ages you need the bahro stone from kveer. You can do the little puzzles within them sure but you need the bahro to help you here and there.
Race

Postby Maroonroon » Tue May 25, 2021 9:01 am

Race wrote:what I want is to have them on in their respective ages permanently and not on a month to month basis as it’s doing now. I don’t know what the setting is for this but my old uru install from many many moons ago has it this way and I remember way back when setting that one up for the first time having the same issue I don’t recall how it was solved it’s been over ten years lol.

Oh, OK; I don't know how to do that, but I'd like to.

Race wrote:in order to solve those ages you need the bahro stone from kveer. You can do the little puzzles within them sure but you need the bahro to help you here and there.

The things you call "bahro stones" doesn't exists in the converted Myst V Ages, but there's another way to complete those Ages:
- Try to clic on the pedestals that you find.
- Try to find kind of "ghost areas" to activate the "Bahro powers"...
Maroonroon

Postby Race » Tue May 25, 2021 9:30 am

When I figure out the sparklie thing I’ll let you know for sure. Okay I thought that might’ve been the case in Myst V stuff, where the bahro stone needs to be activated there’s just an interact there to make it happen. I didn’t see any I’ve looked around in the Tahgira cave, you need the bahro to melt the ice to get into the tunnel below. I’ll go back and look around in more detail later. Thanks for responding and for the help.
Race

Postby Maroonroon » Tue May 25, 2021 11:31 am

Race wrote:When I figure out the sparklie thing I’ll let you know for sure.

Race wrote:I didn’t see any I’ve looked around in the Tahgira cave, you need the bahro to melt the ice to get into the tunnel below. I’ll go back and look around in more detail later..

For this one, think a little about Teledahn, where something is stuck... ;)
Maroonroon

Postby Race » Tue May 25, 2021 12:38 pm

Maroonroon wrote:

Race wrote:I didn’t see any I’ve looked around in the Tahgira cave, you need the bahro to melt the ice to get into the tunnel below. I’ll go back and look around in more detail later..

For this one, think a little about Teledahn, where something is stuck... ;)

I figured it out, :) but what about heating up the bridge and the stuff with melting the ice? There should be a little readme put together for this, I’d be happy to do it once I learn the secrets. I have to say all this is waking me up with excitement about wanting to build more ages but I don’t know where Bryce is anymore for the land masses and stuff. I was working on a 4th age years ago when my VAIO crapped up and windows wouldn’t launch I had to wipe everything then tried to go back and I couldn’t get things just right and just gave up on it. But I have ideas I’d love to do. Just a lot to relearn.
Race

Postby Maroonroon » Wed May 26, 2021 10:33 am

Race wrote:but what about heating up the bridge and the stuff with melting the ice?

It's what I called "Bahro powers" in the following quote.
Maroonroon wrote:Try to find kind of "ghost areas" to activate the "Bahro powers"...

For Tahgira, it's somewhere by the left side; when you will have found it, you will have to find the good spot of it... (Run everywhere through the "ghost" area.)
Maroonroon

Postby Sirius » Thu May 27, 2021 11:14 am

I'm a little late, but yeah, I never wrote how to solve these puzzles. I assumed most people would prefer finding it on their own, or ask here :)

But just to be sure, here is a list of the changes and gotchas when playing these Ages (at least from what I remember, it's been a while). If you want to figure some of the puzzles by yourself, read the (TIP) instead of the (SOLUTION).

Using "draggables" Show Spoiler

Great Shaft Show Spoiler

Direbo Show Spoiler

Playing without the Slates (TIP) Show Spoiler

Playing without the Slates (SOLUTION 1) Show Spoiler

Playing without the Slates (SOLUTION 2) Show Spoiler

Tahgira Cave (TIP 1) Show Spoiler

Tahgira Cave (TIP 2) Show Spoiler

Tahgira Cave (SOLUTION) Show Spoiler

The rest of Tahgira should play as usual, once you find how to trigger the Bahro Power.

Using Todelmer main power and telescopes Show Spoiler

Todelmer's big telescopes and pedestals (SOLUTION) Show Spoiler

The rest of Todelmer should play as usual, once you find how to trigger the Bahro Power.

Accessing Noloben's lab Show Spoiler

Accessing Noloben's Keep (SOLUTION) Show Spoiler

Laki'ahn Show Spoiler

Accessing Laki'ahn Far Island (SOLUTION) Show Spoiler

The rest of Laki'ahn should play as usual, once you find how to trigger the Bahro Power.

Myst Island Show Spoiler
Sirius

Postby Maroonroon » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:17 pm

Python\moul.pak > xCalendarStar.py > def Initialize > else >
Replace "sdl.setIndex(sdlName, 0, 0)" by "sdl.setIndex(sdlName, 0, 1)".
Maroonroon

Return to General Discussion