Fly Mode

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Fly Mode

Postby Lehnah » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:26 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm interested in playing around with Fly Mode, but I'm not sure which shard/s support it? I know you can use MO:ULa with Mi-O-Bot to send the avatar to X/Y/Z coords, but honestly this confuses me a lot. I'd rather that I'd just be able to control the avatar as normal, but be able to clip walls and so forth (I understand this is possible with Fly Mode). Can Fly Mode be used in Gehn or any other Shard?

Thanks in advance.
Lehnah

Re: Fly Mode

Postby MichelleEdmunds » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 am

I support you, I also need an answer, help me please!!! :)
MichelleEdmunds

Postby Théodore » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:58 pm

Hi,

From what I remember we can only use the fly mode in MOULa shard if and only if you can build yourself an internal client. Gehn Shard prohibits the use of internal clients (except the admins themselves). I think most shards prohibit them as well.

On your personal installation of URU:CC with Drizzle, you can use the fly mode as you are the facto the admin of that "shard".

The Mir-o-Bot you are referring to is in MOULa shard and it is a bot avatar, a special type of avatar with whom you can interact by sending him commands. Basically, a bot avatar is a simple internal client onto which a bot code has been added. You cannot go in fly mode with a bot avatar unless you are the flesh & blood human operating the bot avatar, the owner of the avatar.

I personally don't have the know how to built myself an internal client so I rely on a special internal client that was built for marker games. I just need to update it once in a while to reflect the new structure of the shard (MOULa). You need to be able to compile codes and build yourself a client. There is no readily available internal client. I'm sure in the wiki on this forum board there is a procedure on what compiler/decompiler you need to do such and what files you need from the shard (MOULa). But then you need to figure out by yourself how to use the fly mode.

If it sounds rather difficult to reach it in-game, it is on purpose. If you can do it, then it is a reward. Because there are rules to follow. In MOULa, you cannot use fly mode or any python code in public ages. They don't want explorers to clip everywhere in the server. And once you access the python code itself, you can wreck chaos if you don't know what to do.

For myself, I only use a few python commands that I know of and that's it! I love using the fly mode and show physicals (i.e. all the hidden colliders) to explore parts beyond the normal accessible grounds but that's about it.

On your URU:CC install, you just have to hit the ESC key and you toggle in/out of the fly mode.
Théodore

Postby MichelleEdmunds » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:15 am

Thanks for your help !!! ;)
MichelleEdmunds

Postby Lehnah » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:41 am

Théodore wrote:Hi,

From what I remember we can only use the fly mode in MOULa shard if and only if you can build yourself an internal client. Gehn Shard prohibits the use of internal clients (except the admins themselves). I think most shards prohibit them as well.

On your personal installation of URU:CC with Drizzle, you can use the fly mode as you are the facto the admin of that "shard".

The Mir-o-Bot you are referring to is in MOULa shard and it is a bot avatar, a special type of avatar with whom you can interact by sending him commands. Basically, a bot avatar is a simple internal client onto which a bot code has been added. You cannot go in fly mode with a bot avatar unless you are the flesh & blood human operating the bot avatar, the owner of the avatar.

I personally don't have the know how to built myself an internal client so I rely on a special internal client that was built for marker games. I just need to update it once in a while to reflect the new structure of the shard (MOULa). You need to be able to compile codes and build yourself a client. There is no readily available internal client. I'm sure in the wiki on this forum board there is a procedure on what compiler/decompiler you need to do such and what files you need from the shard (MOULa). But then you need to figure out by yourself how to use the fly mode.

If it sounds rather difficult to reach it in-game, it is on purpose. If you can do it, then it is a reward. Because there are rules to follow. In MOULa, you cannot use fly mode or any python code in public ages. They don't want explorers to clip everywhere in the server. And once you access the python code itself, you can wreck chaos if you don't know what to do.

For myself, I only use a few python commands that I know of and that's it! I love using the fly mode and show physicals (i.e. all the hidden colliders) to explore parts beyond the normal accessible grounds but that's about it.

On your URU:CC install, you just have to hit the ESC key and you toggle in/out of the fly mode.

Wow, that sounds much more involved than I had thought. Guess I'll stick to exploring normally. :D
Lehnah

Return to General Discussion