Cant log in on application

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Cant log in on application

Postby bobebyofthedeep » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:32 pm

I have tried to login and out of the forum multiple times and then tried to login on the application but i keep getting the prompt "Authentication failed, incorrect password". I am definitely using the same exact one i login to the forums with.
bobebyofthedeep

Re: Cant log in on application

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:00 am

Which application do you mean -- Gehn Shard, Deep Island Shard, something else?

Make sure that you are spelling your username exactly right, the Shard might be case-sensitive even when the forum is not. In your case it looks like the name should be all-lowercase.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby bobebyofthedeep » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Into Gehn shard, and i copy pasted my username and password and also reentered it in multiple times and no luck. I tried to use gehn a few years ago and the same things happening then are happening now.
bobebyofthedeep

Postby h23ag@web.de » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 am

I have the same issue.
h23ag@web.de

Postby rcwilkes » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:39 am

Exactly the same here. I have successfully logged in and out of the forum multiple times and then tried to login on the Ghen Shard application but I keep getting the prompt "Authentication failed, incorrect password". I am definitely using the same exact user and password to login to the forums with. Please help.
rcwilkes

Postby Paradox » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:12 am

rcwilkes wrote:Exactly the same here. I have successfully logged in and out of the forum multiple times and then tried to login on the Ghen Shard application but I keep getting the prompt "Authentication failed, incorrect password". I am definitely using the same exact user and password to login to the forums with. Please help.

Make sure your password is less than 16 characters. The Uru network protocol doesn't support passwords longer than 16 characters (even though the forum will let you set whatever password you want).
Paradox

Postby rcwilkes » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:14 am

My password is only 12 characters long.
rcwilkes

Postby Pharap » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:54 am

Paradox wrote:Make sure your password is less than 16 characters. The Uru network protocol doesn't support passwords longer than 16 characters (even though the forum will let you set whatever password you want).

Apologies if I've got the grammar wrong, but: chev shem.

I was also having trouble logging in to the Gehn Shard and this proved to be the problem. I changed my password to something shorter and after logging back in to the forum I was able to log in to the Gehn Shard without issue.
Pharap

Return to General Discussion