Introduce Yourself

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Sirius » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 am

Huh, you got me curious. I'm sure we would all love to see your Age ! :D

Eh'ko wrote:I do however have the source Blender/texture files, so I will see if I can restore something to a working state as it was around 12 years ago.

So that means reinstalling PyPRP and exporting your Age with it ? PyPRP was updated since then, so you might run into a couple of issues exporting. If that happens, be sure to post the callstack and we'll help :)
Sirius

Postby Eh'ko » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:39 am

Sirius wrote:So that means reinstalling PyPRP and exporting your Age with it ?

Actually, I have had success with using Korman instead. I spent yesterday morning switching everything over and it's all working fine. Thanks for the offer of help, but I don't think I'll need PyPRP at all.

-: D'eux :-
Eh'ko

Postby Sirius » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:43 am

Wow, cool ! Korman is better at pretty much everything, so that's good to hear. Have fun ! ;)
Sirius

Postby nita » Wed May 19, 2021 8:15 am

shorah all,
i am nita. i was one of the original Greeters in URU and was active in (now i can tell) several of the testings of the ages when urulive was happening.
nita

Postby Aaron47 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:24 am

Hello all!

It's been a long time since I was here last, so I figured I'd reintroduce myself. My name is Aaron, you can call me Aaron ;) Several years ago I came up with the idea for a Age call Airbora (I noticed it's still listed in the forum). Anyway, I got the Uru bug again because it's that time of year when I played Uru for the first time. I started out this time with Uru:CC, but the graphics limitations kind of bothered me. Then I read that MOULa supported any resolution. So I brought it up on my ultrawide monitor, and I was spellbound all over again.

I'm sorry to see that not many people play the game anymore, though it's to be expected with video games. I'll be off and on for a while, trying to see if I manage to catch someone online in D'ni.

Later!
Aaron47

Postby Skydiver Q » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:12 pm

Hello & Shorah all.

I stopped into the guild here today to research how to build an age. Why? I have a concept age in mind and -- who knows -- maybe I can succeed in my personal quest.

Me: I know Blender & 3D modeling + UV mapping very well; I do rudimentary Python programming as part of my job; I can photoshop very well; and I've been playing the various Cyan series from original Myst thru URU to Obduction & soon Firmament as I am a backer.

Other than the minimal research I've done reading thru Plasma & Korman on github, I'm looking for more complete documentation on how to do things like "compile libHSPlasma with python bindings"... as advanced as I might have thought I was this minimal level of instruction went over my head. Any links to clearer step by step instructions or Visual Studio tips are certainly appreciated. I certainly don't want to be a drain on anyone's time, but I'm willing to learn what I can do to contribute and enjoy our mutual explorations.

Until then -- I'll read through posts here to gain insight.

"Q"
Skydiver Q

Postby Maroonroon » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:37 pm

Maroonroon

Postby Braunnatoes » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:04 pm

I'm Brauna, been playing Uru for 10 years. Love it there.
Braunnatoes

Postby Rex Havoc » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:29 pm

Shorah! I’m Rex Havoc and have been around URU since Beta days.(Yes, I’m old!) I even started Beta using Dial-Up! Once things got started, I ended up on the Shard run by Tij & Tech and soon after became a Greeter. I eventually became a Guild Master which gave me the awesome bonus of having an Admni Ki! Shadowcats and I had a lot of fun with these giving Cavern tours and all. I Teamed up with Golden Wedge and started making Marker Art, a lot during the Holidays and some at other times, too. Weddings, D’ni Games. . . Sher’i and I ran the the D’ni games the 3 or 4 years that it took place. Plans are to bring it back with its own Age. (I REALLY miss my Admin Ki!!). I’m still a member of the Guild of Greeters in the current rendition of Uru.
I truly love the new ‘fan created’ Ages and really would love to learn the craft.
Rex Havoc

Postby ZuriAgain » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:40 am

Hey all! Long time, I know. I had some issues trying to log into my old profile - so I made a new one. Lately I've been going through some of the old ages that are either complete or nearly so. ATM, I'm working on getting DI installed and working. Sorry for the delay, lol. I almost forgot about them until seeing a walkthrough on youtube with 2 of my ages on it. It took a while to find all the data - but I'll try to get it all back up and running.

Hope everyone is well! See you in the cavern soon!

Zuri (again, lol)
ZuriAgain

Previous

Return to General Discussion