Note that I said "age" not concept or idea or story. If you made another part in D'ni you would be making something with the same feeling as D'ni but not actually made by Cyan.
There's copying and then there's things that are inspired.
Lontahv wrote:Note that I said "age" not concept or idea or story. If you made another part in D'ni you would be making something with the same feeling as D'ni but not actually made by Cyan.
Chogon wrote:Here are the updated fan developer rules for adding new Ages and content to MOULa.
These revisions were done with the blessing of the Cyan MOULa stakeholders.
- Code: Select all
The Revised Five Rules of Writing (i.e. fan Age development for MOULa)
1) When writers (aka fan developers) are creating linking books they are bound by the D'ni limitations of writing.
However, writers are able to use special items for linking and modifications to linking with the following limitations:
Writers should stay away from special Cyan created character items (such as Yeesha and Bahro items) with the exception of Yeesha Pages (bring a piece of your Age into the explorer's Relto!).
You can create Save/Journey like cloths (or other material) but must be of your own unique design. They can behave exactly like Save/Jouney cloths but should look different.
Same with linking stones, glyphs, sparkies, crystals, etc. Make them your own unique design. Add your own storyline for why they exist but not required.
Creating new trophies and achievement reward items displayed in the player's Relto or Neighborhood or ?Age? - is encouraged!
2) Writers must not break continuity with previously released D'ni information.
3) Writers must not reveal "new" information about characters, places, groups, etc. used by Cyan, including other Cyan titles.
(Unless an exception is approved by Cyan)
4) Writers must not use the intellectual property of others.
5) This rule intentionally left (nearly) blank. 'Cause RAWA said there had to be 5.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests