RAWA Speaks: Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: RAWA Speaks: Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:10 am

Note that I said "age" not concept or idea or story. If you made another part in D'ni you would be making something with the same feeling as D'ni but not actually made by Cyan.

There's copying and then there's things that are inspired. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:50 am

Lontahv wrote:Note that I said "age" not concept or idea or story. If you made another part in D'ni you would be making something with the same feeling as D'ni but not actually made by Cyan.

I understand that Lontahv, but what RAWA is suggesting is that, this "other part in D'ni" isn't inspired by the D'ni, it is part of D'ni, just not a part created by Cyan. But as long as it adheres to the guidelines created by Cyan for UCC, than this "other part in D'ni" is officially part of the D'ni culture. Just like an age visited by Vevois, but not written by him, would be a D'ni age.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Maroonroon » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:30 pm

Chogon wrote:Here are the updated fan developer rules for adding new Ages and content to MOULa.
These revisions were done with the blessing of the Cyan MOULa stakeholders.

Code: Select all
The Revised Five Rules of Writing (i.e. fan Age development for MOULa)
1) When writers (aka fan developers) are creating linking books they are bound by the D'ni limitations of writing.
However, writers are able to use special items for linking and modifications to linking with the following limitations:
Writers should stay away from special Cyan created character items (such as Yeesha and Bahro items) with the exception of Yeesha Pages (bring a piece of your Age into the explorer's Relto!).
You can create Save/Journey like cloths (or other material) but must be of your own unique design. They can behave exactly like Save/Jouney cloths but should look different.
Same with linking stones, glyphs, sparkies, crystals, etc. Make them your own unique design. Add your own storyline for why they exist but not required.
Creating new trophies and achievement reward items displayed in the player's Relto or Neighborhood or ?Age? - is encouraged!
2) Writers must not break continuity with previously released D'ni information.
3) Writers must not reveal "new" information about characters, places, groups, etc. used by Cyan, including other Cyan titles.
(Unless an exception is approved by Cyan)
4) Writers must not use the intellectual property of others.
5) This rule intentionally left (nearly) blank. 'Cause RAWA said there had to be 5.
Maroonroon

Previous

Return to General Discussion