Seltani: Rearranging the gallery

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Seltani: Rearranging the gallery

Postby KathAveara » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm

That'd be awesome! Then I could more easily mark Eder Eleth as dedicated to the Guild of Linguists, cos, y'know, a giant banner in the Age isn't obvious enough.
Moula KI: 17967159
DI KI: 00205116
deviantART: kathaveara
tumblr: kaththedragon

Grand Master of the Guild of Linguists
KathAveara

Postby belford » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:19 am

Okay, web URLs now work.

Example: this link acts as a linking page for Korvichtav.

(If you click it, you will be taken to the game if you're not signed in; then the page will be added to your linking booklet if necessary; then the page will be brought up as the current focus. If you're already signed in in a different browser window, the linking page just pops up there.)

Documentation: http://seltani.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Writi ... ortal_URLs

In other news, I have finally built the "forgot my password" feature. It's waiting on Amazon's approval -- they have to approve systems that send email from their servers. Hopefully that'll come through tomorrow.

Also, Shoutwiki has a note up about server maintenance to improve wiki performance. Hopefully it will work.
belford

Postby belford » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 am

Shoutwiki is still really draggy, so here's a thumbnail:

To create a portal URL, you must create a portal list in the build interface, and set its external flag to true. (It doesn’t matter which world you build the list in, or whether it’s publicly accessible.) Add portals to the list in the usual way. Each portal will display a URL which you may copy and use.

The portal’s instance acts in the usual way -- you may create a URL that links to the global instance, or the player’s personal instance, or *your* personal instance. However, portal URLs may *not* use the “player’s current” instance option. (The player is entering the game from the outside, so there is no current instance!)

The portal URL will remain valid as long as the portal remains in the list, and the list is marked external: true. If you change external to false, the URL will stop working temporarily. If you delete the portal from the list, the URL will stop working *forever*. (Adding the world back to the portlist will generate a new URL.)

If you change the world (or instance) of the portal, the URL will remain valid, but will silently change to refer to the new world (instance).
belford

Postby Pavitra » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Korvichtav now shows shelf names directly in the room description, as suggested. Unfortunately a side effect of this update is that the shelf titles in your private instances have been reset.

The Shoutwiki maintenance is supposed to make everything faster once it's finished; hopefully that will finish successfully sometime soon.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby belford » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Cross-age communication is now possible. It's limited right now: all you can do is set realm properties in a different Age, and it must be one of your Ages.

The wiki server is still being worked on, so I'll just refer to the feature page, which explains the syntax for this: https://github.com/erkyrath/tworld/issues/55

As a demo, I've (finally) hooked up the runes which are scattered around Tenyo Rock. Finding them will trigger a visible effect in a gallery Age which is now linked from Tenyo.

There's no way to reset this "puzzle", so you'll probably want to try it in your personal Tenyo instance, rather than the global one.
belford

Postby belford » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:34 pm

The "forgot my password" feature works now.

If you haven't forgotten your password, you can change it from the account screen (click on your name after you've signed in).
belford

Postby belford » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:08 pm

...I must say, the Shoutwiki people are not displaying high-quality having-their-crap-together. :/
belford

Postby Pavitra » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Yes, I've noticed.

I'll start looking into contingency plans; hopefully they won't be necessary.
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby Pavitra » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:57 am

Although Shoutwiki is still officially in maintenance mode, things seem to be running smoothly at the moment.
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby belford » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm

I've made a change to the behavior of the external URL feature. It now only accepts links to copyable worlds. If you create a URL for a world which is marked "uncopyable", the URL will not work.

This is because the external URL feature always copies the link to the user's booklet. Once it's in your booklet, it's effectively a copyable link (you can install it in new bookshelves, etc) even if the world is supposed to disallow that. So I'm ruling it out. If this disarranges your plans, let me know.

I've also applied some additional protections against malicious scripts. I don't believe that this will change the behavior of normal world code. If you start seeing exceptions where there were none before, then I blew it -- file a bug report.
belford

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion