Opening the cavern: discoverer claims

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Opening the cavern: discoverer claims

Postby Nadnerb » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:31 am

Though I'm not sure, I believe the "concert hall" was actually intended to be more of a "concert stage" and the concert would be viewed from boats on the lake.. This would explain the lack of apparent volume...
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby pappou » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Interesting thought; that raises the reverse speculation that maybe the steps are seating, and that the stage is the lake.
The 'advantage' with this notion is that everyone gets a column to sit behind.
Standing room at the back would have the best view; they charge more for those spaces.
pappou
pappou

Postby Chacal » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:36 pm

That is right, I looked at it closely in Blender and there is only space for a small room. It would also have to be much lower than the entrance foyer. This entrance is clearly meant for a large number of attendees, so it makes no sense at all. My opinion is that this was never intended to be developed any more than its current state. The only way would be to actually enlarge the rocky area in a future update, not an impossible feat though.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nek'rahm » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:14 am

either that or have a "walkway" behind the barricades that would lead through the rock to another part of the cavern... maybe a lower area near the lake-floor level where a stage could take place.

Just a theory though, but considering the small size it would make sense, wouldn't it?
Nek'rahm

Postby pappou » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:38 am

I dunno. All that rock digging. It gives me closet phobia. And I think the canyon side is more interesting anyway. It is still to be wondered what that energetic projection is for, below the bridge.
With your connections, Nek'rahm, you could turn it into very presentable poker club.
Your deal.
pappou
pappou

Postby Chacal » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:18 am

When I looked at it a few weeks ago, I made a model in Blender and it showed the projection could very well be a stage. But the room would be rather small, about the same size as the foyer itself.

The horizontal part is the floor I added.
Attachments
concertHall.jpg
concertHall.jpg (42.03 KiB) Viewed 5535 times
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby philipgr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 am

Hi Everyone

I am a newbie to this forum. I joined in April. I came across this post by accident. I have some thoughts about the concert hall that I would like to share. I know that this is an old post but I would like to add my thoughts to it. In UruCC I found the maintaner's nexus. It is an age that sits next to the second rotating building. Next to the images of the two linking books is the maintainer's training wall. So based on this maybe Cyan could have developed the inside of the concert hall as a separate age or a sub age of Ae'gura, being the main age, and when an explorer enters the small area between the linking book and the canyon automatically link the player to this age. Having everything in the same age would increase loading times as well as cause issues with older generation PCs. I have noticed that the spy room and the Bobogoogoo areas are separate from, but next to one another.

As a example: a number of years ago I decided to try my hand at building my own DukeNukem3D level. I put everything into it. The net result was that it became so big that it used up all the memory the game allocated. I could not add any bad guys and other items. I wound up with a level at its limits. I put everything in it. It was a great learning curve.

Would do you folks think? This might also be away to add the guild hall.

Regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Postby philipgr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:44 am

Hi

I just thought of another example: the baron's office which shows views of Ae'gura but if you fly outside the baron's office is conatined in a ball like structure and Ae'gura is like a matt painting surrounding it.

Regards
Philip
MOULa KI#24852041
TOC KI#00320847
Gehn KI#00252463
DI KI#00274303
UAM KI#00149988
philipgr

Previous

Return to General Discussion