Problems I am having with Age Creation

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Problems I am having with Age Creation

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:49 am

I've recently tried creating ages, on my own to Import to URU CC, u know, it's a good skill to have if I'm working in the GoW :P anyway, I've been working on this Tutorial: http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/AgeCreate and I did everything it said to do in order to Export it, and open it in ULM, but it doesn't work!!!!!!!!! i even tried the Tutorial age that is kind of a test age, just to see if i was Exporting it wrong. when I checked under personal Ages, after exprting the original age i created in blender, and it didn't appear in the personal links, then I tried exporting the Tutorial age, and it worked! so I know it's gotta be something I did, other than exporting. why doesn't it work???!!!! noticed at one point in the tutorial, it said to click on "URU PyPRP..." and all i could see was just plain "PyPRP", so I just assumed taht that is what they meant... anyway, Help would be greatly appriciated :)
Justintime9

Re: Age Creation

Postby Trylon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:08 am

Justintime9 wrote:I've recently tried creating ages, on my own to Import to URU CC
(U know, it's a good skill to have if I'm working in the GoW :P)
Anyway, I've been working on this Tutorial: http://alcugs.almlys.org/wiki/index.php/AgeCreate
And I did everything it said to do in order to Export it, and open it in ULM, but it doesn't work!!!!!!!!!

I even tried the Tutorial age that is kind of a test age, just to see if i was Exporting it wrong.
When I checked under personal Ages, after exorting the original age i created in blender, and it didn't appear in the personal links, then I tried exporting the Tutorial age, and it worked!
So I know it's gotta be something I did, other than exporting. Why doesn't it work???!!!!

Sounds to me like you didn't export to the "[uru]/dat" folder first time round.
Is that the case?

(I noticed at one point in the tutorial, it said to click on "URU PyPRP..." and all i could see was just plain "PyPRP", so I just assumed that that is what they meant... anyway, Help would be greatly appriciated :)

Uh, yeah, that's what they meant , that wasn't changed correctly when we changed from "Uru PRP" to "PyPRP". There's a lot of history with PyPRP, as ws also reflected in the tutorials on alcugs.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Justintime9 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:59 pm

wait...are u saying that is was sposed to Be uru PrPRP, or the oposite? I tried Exporting my new age numerous times, and even created 3 new ages, in case i did something wrong. After I finished each of those new ages, I exported them EXACTLY the same way i did when I exported the Tutorial age. so, apparently I Exported it correctly... i dunno
Justintime9

Postby Trylon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:26 pm

I'm not 100% sure what went wrong, not without a lot more info...

In any case:
- the *.prp, *.sum and *.age files that are created when exporting, MUST be placed into the [your uru base folder]/dat directory. Otherwise ULM nor URU will recognize it.
- the current label for the PyPRP plugin is just "PyPRP".
- there should be a [your age].age.log file in the directory into which you exported your age, which has a lot of info we can use for diagnosing your problem(s)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Return to General Discussion