Can an age be done here without spoiling the fun for all

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Can an age be done here without spoiling the fun for all

Postby Luetwo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

I have read the arguements about whether to post age info here or not ,and ruining the fun of others who might wish to explore that age. Why don't we try an experiment with one of my age ideas. (I am not good enough to have my feelings hurt if my age doesn't actually make it) but I do think I have some reasonable ideas. I also know I do not have the talent to create all that needs to be created or the technical skill to actually develop an idea to fruition.

BASDEN - This is an age I started for a member of the Guild of Artists. The area surrounding this home is similar to the Myanmar archipelago. It has a few rocky outcroppings and a lot of water. You link in to a small rocky island and climb a short distance to a cave. Inside this cave is a circuit puzzle. (I have this puzzle figured out just dont want to go into that right now.) About ten feet below the surface of the water you can see what appears to be a water wheel around the island. This is the power for the place. The switch for the water wheel is just outside the cave with the circuit puzzle. The wheel must be turning before the puzzle may be solved.
There is a bridge between the island and what appears to be a submarine hatch. The home is underwater. You must tighten the bridge before you can make your way to the home. The hatch on top of the home is locked and you must enter a symbol from the circuit puzzle to unlock it.
There are three(3) levelsa to the home. The top floor is the gallery of the artist and perhaps a party room of some description. The second level are the bedrooms and workroom for the artist. The bottom level is the kitchen and storeroom. Each level is like the top half of a bubble with the floor like a sieve. The air in the rooms keeps the water from re entering the bubbles.
Luetwo

Re: Can an age be done here without spoiling the fun for all

Postby BAD » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:19 pm

I believe one of the popular ideas we had for this site is allowing development teams to have private areas on the board to work on puzzles and spoilerish type stuff. I don't think brief descriptions in the more general areas will spoil very much, but I think it would be prudent to leave out some details to allow people the fun of exploring.

Of course everyone will want different degrees of privacy, and I think it would be best that this forum be as flexible as possible for that purpose. :D
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Return to General Discussion