Another subforum request: Bugs/errors

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Another subforum request: Bugs/errors

Postby Kedri » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:34 pm

The age building software, one must admit, leaves a lot of room for bugs. And I'm certain that people will be looking for how to fix them without sifting through every forum. So, could we have a bug forum?
Kedri: Modeller and writer. KI# 72427
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Re: Another subforum request: Bugs/errors

Postby Aloys » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:28 pm

I second this request, it would be quite usefull. :)
Actually I think 'someone' should try to compile an extensive FAQ of the most common building/exporting issues. That'd would be quite a bit of work to do, but that would be very usefull..
Aloys

Postby Pryftan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Right now, this kind of thing is being discussed in 'Builders' and that seems to be working fine to me. There have been a lot of calls for different parts of the forums but I think that sort of change will only be made if there's a clear problem with the current orchestration. IMO, "Builders" is a good header for modellers and PRP users, with "Programmers" being for Python and PRP coders.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Kedri » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:15 pm

But a single bug forum would help quite a lot, at least for me. :(

For instance, say I had an error exporting. I would probably go to programmers, but I'd have to sift through tons of threads to find what I want.
Kedri: Modeller and writer. KI# 72427
ImageImageImage
NaNoWriMo '07!
Kedri

Postby BAD » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:26 pm

Or do a search......

Many suggestions will be considered, so please don't think we are discouraging making suggestions, however keeping them in one thread would probably be best. ;)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby mar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:29 am

I was started a while ago whitch a list of errors. Maybe this can be a start for a new subforum.

LIST OF ERRORS

Linking book
Tutorial creating journals:
Code:uam.showBook('Insert book code here', self.key) must be uam.useAgeBook('MyOtherAge',self.key)
Replace ”Myotherage” with the name of your other age

Exporting ages:
Blender announces that my JournalObject is not inside a click region
The problem is that the object center is not inside the clickregion.
In object mode, select the clickable object.
[SPACEBAR]->Transform->Center New

Blender
To "cut through" part of your model and see only the section that you are working with, use [ALT]+[B] and drag the cursor over the area that you want to work with. Use [ALT]+[B] again to return to normal viewing. It's great for detail work

Texturing
You need to have ALL faces selected when assigning the texture, since the PyPRP
plugin does not support different textures for different faces
"ALL faces" in this case refers to all of the faces of the object that you are texturing; not all of the faces in your entire Age.
To texture, select your object (right-click). Hit [F] on the keyboard to enter UV Face Selection mode. Hit [A] to select all faces

Every surface gets the same texture applied to it no matter which plane I select. Itseems I made everything part of the same object (tied to a box underneath the age). Is there any way to break those links to each plane or group of planes I want to have the same texture can have a texture applied without doing the whole world?
Go into Edit Mode ([Tab]). Select the vertices for an object, press [P] to separate them (make them their own object. Repeat as necessary.

It was/is my attention to look at other fora to search for more errors but my time is small so it is a project for months.

Is this something you like or are there other suggestions, please tell

Mar
mar

Return to General Discussion