Pub Host and Mentoring...

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Pub Host and Mentoring...

Postby JulyForToday » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:21 pm

The idea of having mentors has been mention in meetings before, but I thought it would be pertinent to bring it up here.

I'm not sure how we would want to implement any sort of mentoring system, or even if there should be one, but I do think that there should be certain guild positions (such as a GoW representative or liaison). I think it would be a good idea to have Pub Hosts. They would be like greeters for the GoW. If you go to GoG, you will find someone with that shirt there, ready to answer your questions. It would be great to have a person in the GoW Pub ready to help and mentor any writers who visit. I had the idea once when I was in the GoW Pub when Bob came in, and needed help with friction on the floor of his age.

I already posted about this idea on the GoW imager some while ago. And I've been volunteering to do it, when I can spare time to be in the Pub to greet and help, and to assist any writers (many of the people who visit I find are only just looking rather than in need of technical help for their age).

Eventually if any other people volunteer or like this idea, we could always have someone in the GoW Pub (or dare I dream a Hall someday) to help other writers, and represent the GoW to visitors.
JulyForToday

Re: Pub Host and Mentoring...

Postby DaveRamos » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:39 pm

I don't think having a specific mentor for a new person is necessary. Maybe a separate forum category for new people to ask questions and get answers from more knowledgeable craftspeople would probably suffice.
As for in cavern. Maybe a monthly meeting for people interested in joining would work. There, we can have Q & A sessions....

DR
DaveRamos

Return to General Discussion