Exploring MO:UL Offline

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Exploring MO:UL Offline

Postby teedyo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Y'all aren't very seed friendly. I'm uploading faster than I'm downloading. ;)
teedyo

Postby Ehren » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:29 am

I got it to kind of work I kind of think

Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Ehren

Postby TomahnaGuy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:02 am

My patch fully works and installed correctly and I can load the game now. However, neither the old flymode or the new flymode are working in my version - I pressed the ~ key but nothing happened?

TG

Edit: Agg, now everythings stopped working. o.O
TomahnaGuy

Postby Corvus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 am

It works for me! Thank you Dustin and all the others who are helping in testing.

I had tried yesterday, but messed something up with the volatile folder and couldn't run the game any more. Reinstalled Uru and installed manually, cause none of the install.bats could find my pots folder (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst).

Now I have to look how to get my flymode working. I used the Esc key for toggling, but it doesn't work any more. I have a German keyboard, but it's set to English layout. We'll see...

Minkata takes quite long to load and I can't toggle between day and night.

Going to further testing now. Thanks again, this is really fun.

Dancing in the GoMa Pub Show Spoiler
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:21 am

Edit: I'm not going to do this anymore... I'm pretty sure cyan doesn't know about this, and it's probably illegal, so.. bye :D
Last edited by Justintime9 on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justintime9

Postby TomahnaGuy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:26 am

Jun, you have to wait for it. It might be that there's no-one seeding at the moment in which case it'll take longer - don't worry, it'll move eventually though.

I'm not a huge fan of Torrenting - in fact I rather despise it (not the moral of it - just the download side) and hope it can be put on direct download as soon as possible. :P

As for my problems, well, I've just had to do a complete reinstallas it seems t have completely messed up my other installation - sigh - finger's x'd ;)

TG
TomahnaGuy

Postby andylegate » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:28 am

It means it's not downloading. There might be a problem, as when the torrent was first posted, some people were not able to download for a little while, until ddb174 fixed something. Wait it out and watch the thread.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Corvus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 am

The flymode works now with my German keybord. I can toggle between a German and English US layout (the one I used before was EN Great Britain, that's why it didn't work :lol: ). You can set this by going to Start --Settings--System Control--Country and Language Options. Use Shift and the key above the Tab and below Esc.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby ddb174 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:06 am

For those who have trouble with torrents: I had uploaded it to rapidshare.de, but someone complained, and that's all it takes to get something removed from there. (CrisGer, perhaps?)

By the way, thank you very much to everyone who has helped seed; there are 11 seeders right now!

Corvus: thanks for the info on your installation folder; I'll add it to install.bat today. To link between day and night in Minkata, you can just use the stones in the caves.

TomahnaGuy: let us know if you get it working!
ddb174

Postby Nek'rahm » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 am

Well, it was fun but...

My Uru CC game is pretty much screwed ^_^

Sooooooooooooo, I'll pass on this little trick.
Nek'rahm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion