Exploring MO:UL Offline

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Exploring MO:UL Offline

Postby bpgisme » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Okay... I think I know what I did wrong. I'm gonna go try to get back in there again. Thanks!

Nope... Minkata doesn't work for me right now, but I'll mess around with it more later. I link in, but it's black. I can see a light far away, it looks like the light is coming up from one of the craters, presumably the closest one to the link in point, but everything otherwise is pitch black so I must have skipped putting in or copying something...

Payiferin just links to black too, but crashes the game completely, and Kveer just absolutely refuses to work at all. I get warning beeps and it freezes and tells me to reinstall Uru. :P I'll put the old Kveer files back in and mess with it more later. If any one has had similar issues, can you explain what you did to fix them? Thanks. I'm crossing my fingers this isn't an issue related to Vista, but I suppose it's certainly possible.
bpgisme

Postby Chacal » Thu May 01, 2008 12:45 am

About removed links on the MOUL forums: Got a word from a moderator. Cyan made them do it.
He says Cyan is a bit heavy-handed against the stuff lately, as moderators had to remove some links about Flymode too.
:shock:

I'll take that as meaning "we're taking no chances in out negociations with Turner".
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby andylegate » Thu May 01, 2008 3:26 am

Just wanted to let you guys know, that if you convert the Ages, there is a conflict with Tsogal and Phil's Relto. They both have the same sequence number: 12
What seems to happen is, you can link to Tsogal fine, but if you try to link to Phil's Relto you end up crashing, and the prp files for it get deleted.

Deleting Tsogal fixes it of course. I tried converting the MOUL version of Phil's relto as the files have different names, and it uses the sequence number 50,

But for me it will almost finish loading, then freeze.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby D'Lanor » Thu May 01, 2008 3:39 am

Just checking, but how are you linking to it? If you go by the "regular" way, did you change its name from philRelto to Personal02?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby andylegate » Thu May 01, 2008 3:44 am

No, when I converted the MOUL Phil's Relto, as the file names were different, I removed the Personal02 files. Then I went into my python files for the Nexus I made, and changed one of the linking books to point instead to philRelto.age

As I said, it started to work. The linking progress bar get's over 3/4 of the way there, then Uru crashes. Hehe. Haven't messed with it more, as it was late and time for bed.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Previous

Return to General Discussion