Exploring MO:UL Offline

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Exploring MO:UL Offline

Postby TomahnaGuy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:55 am

Okay, problems are fixed. Just using the wrong .exe shortcut from the desktop. :P

Still no flymode though? :? What key is it again? have a UK keyboard.

TG
TomahnaGuy

Postby gaborm » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:42 am

For those who do not want to deal with the torrent I also uploaded it to my webserver. The final3 folder is zipped (172MB) and the link is: *link removed* voluntarely...
Last edited by gaborm on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaborm

Postby ddb174 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:32 pm

Nek'rahm: Okay, sorry we couldn't fix your problem.

TomahnaGuy: We've been having some trouble with non-US keyboard layouts, but if you replace pythoncommand.txt with this copy: http://alcugs.almlys.org/trac/browser/drizzle/DrizzleOverlay/pythoncommand.txt?format=raw, you should be able to use either '~', ']', or '+'.(At least one of those should hopefully work for you.)

gaborm: Thanks a lot!
ddb174

Postby TomahnaGuy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:33 pm

With the new python file, nothing works again though. :|

I'll keep trying. ;)

TG
TomahnaGuy

Postby ddb174 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:50 pm

TomahnaGuy: The file returned by that link has changed over time. The last update was about 4 hours ago, so if you haven't downloaded it since then, you may have to download it again. The file goes in the same folder as UruExplorer.exe. If flymode still doesn't work, you may have to try changing your keyboard layout in Windows to 'US'.
ddb174

Postby TomahnaGuy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:58 pm

Yes, I re-downloaded it just a moment ago and now it's not just the flymode that isn';t working it's everything - but when i put the old file back in it works again - just without flymode. A coding error perhaps? :?:

I'll try the US keyboard style like you suggested ;)

TG
TomahnaGuy

Postby Norfren » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:39 pm

I've just installed the offline stuff, but it doesn't work. Instead, on arriving to Relto an error message appears. I thought that maybe the python code interferes with that of ULM, but the removal of the appropriate pak files did not help. Any idea?
Norfren

Postby ddb174 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Norfren wrote:I've just installed the offline stuff, but it doesn't work. Instead, on arriving to Relto an error message appears. I thought that maybe the python code interferes with that of ULM, but the removal of the appropriate pak files did not help. Any idea?

That's a useful screenshot! It means that the 'pythoncommand.txt' file didn't get copied over. It should wind up in the same folder as UruExplorer.exe
ddb174

Postby Norfren » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:48 pm

That's it! Thanks :) . I installed the files manually and overlooked the txt file.
Norfren

Postby Donahoo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Bit of a dunce here. Can this be installed in a clean unplayed version of Uru POTS? What about without the ULM. I have two off-line installaions in this folder "D:\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\" both of which work. Plus I have another installaion in "D:\POTS off-line game\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst" that the ULM uses and it also works fine. I have a clean copy of the POTS installation that I would like to use with this. I can put it anywhere; does it need to be in "C:\Progam Files\Ubisoft\Cyan Worlds" in order for the installer to work?

Also the Volatile folder has a file called install.bat and I just downloaded one from a link here. Which one do I use?
Donahoo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion