Exploring MO:UL Offline

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Exploring MO:UL Offline

Postby Nek'rahm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:06 am

This is one of the reasons I gave up on this XD

I failed... yet maybe that failure happened for a reason...
Nek'rahm

Postby andylegate » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:55 am

Okay, I have successfully used Drizzle to export MOUL Ages for Uru:CC, using the Netbean route (whew!). A very involved and good learning experience, not for the faint of heart. I will be putting together intstructions over at the Maintainers Forum on how to use it (all though Dustin pretty much told us at the beginning of this thread how to) with some clarifications for most "non-programer types).

We are planning on hosting the Drizzle files over at Maintainers, and will include links of other things that will be needed.

However.......if you have deleted your MOUL files.......I can't help you. We will not post any MOUL files for download I'm afraid.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Ashtar » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 am

Good job Andy. I was also able to use Drizzle to convert a few of the ages before Dustin offered his MOUL files in the torrent. However, the main problem is using those converted ages without the associated Python and .sdl files. You can certainly link to the age, but I wouldn't touch anything if I were you :) So without those files that were included in Dustin's archive it's going to be difficult to do much with those ages. Of course, if you have a intimate knowledge of Python and Plasma, you can probably write your own version of the Python files for the MOUL ages. But that leaves me out :)

Ashtar
Ashtar

Postby andylegate » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:54 am

Yes, in trying to convert K'veer, and looking at Paradox's problems. I also noticed that yes, without either the python files, or the SDL's there will be problems....

However......should one import let's say, Dereno, take a look see (either that way or with PrPExplorer) at things, It just might be possible to build your own SDL file. Now the python on the other hand........well I don't want to cry in front of all of you, hehehehehe. Still, most of this is just having fun being able to link in and enjoy it.

I'm looking at setting it up to where I have all these Ages put in by the ULM, put them all in the same book (since with the ULM you can have multiple pages), then exit the ULM, put the presequences back the way there where then link in. Tah-Dah, all in one book.

Until I run the ULM again to load a Fan Age, then POOF there it goes! :roll:
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Paradox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:54 pm

*puts on some sort of official looking hat*

Okay, I support this tool all the way, and think it is an amazing creation. Thanks to Dustin for the time and effort put into this, I am hoping to convert all of the MOUL Ages and replace all of my PotS Ages.

That said, the unwritten rule has always been that actual files from Cyan are not distributed. It took some time to actually verify that the torrent contained those files, and then it took time to reach a decision, but the policy of GoW has been, is, and will be that distributing official game files will not be allowed. As such, the links to the torrent have been removed from this site. I'm sure that you can still find them elsewhere if you look hard enough.

I realize that Dustin had the best intentions, and again I commend him for the excellent work that he has done on his tool; but we cannot support the distribution of those files. Thanks for understanding.
*takes off hat*

Anyone gonna post more screenshots of MOUL Ages? :D
Paradox

Postby Chacal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Now that these off-topic considerations are out of the way, us being Writers and hackers, I'd love Dustin to tell us more about how he succeeded in cracking open the MOUL prp files and what he discovered abot the differences in structure between the Uru and the MOUL files.

As my primary interest lies in hacking the files (such as my efforts for modifying the City files), I'm starving for more detailed and accurate information on the prp objects.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nek'rahm » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:20 pm

lol Chacal.

We should assign ppl here to research and look up ways to manipulate different parts of uru

Chacal = City Man _^^
Nek'rahm

Postby Lontahv » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:22 pm

Chacal, I can sum it up in one word.

Decompilation

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:37 pm

Lontahv wrote:Chacal, I can sum it up in one word.

Decompilation

~Lontahv

ahem: WRONG

disassembly, guesswork, and observation of existing examples of the previous two. That and getting people who've done it already to tell you stuff.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:56 am

But it would be near impossible without disassembly.
There are more factors to it though. :P

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion