General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Exploring MO:UL Offline

Postby Nek'rahm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Ownage ;)
Nek'rahm

Postby Chacal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:53 am

Gaaaah!
And I'm stuck with my laptop in my 2048 x 1024-pixels hotel room!

Oh, and I love you, Dustin. In a manly way.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby ddb174 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:19 pm

I'm back earlier than I thought! (This Lutheran men's retreat can be very interesting: tons of debate and discourse, but without the Fundamentalism presented by the Media or Whatever-this-is-called: (http://www.uruobsession.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=32577&st=90#entry552906). It's nice to disagree, then be able to debate something rationally, rather than the kind of discussion that dealing with the above types typically engenders.)

The SequencePrefixes can be changed, just as Paradox suggests. I did this for Payiferen since its prefix conflicts with one from Pots. You can find it in the code by searching for '.equals("payiferen")'. I currently use 100 for Payiferen, but I could set both it and K'veer to the numbers specified on the wiki.

I don't think Minkata will work without the Python file, since it dynamically loads in the correct prp file. So you may have to wait a few days to go there. (Or modify the .age file to force it to load either day or night.)

By the way, bad, Cyan's behaviour was what made me leave; I'm pretty thick-skinned! And I'm really impressed with how the GuildOfWriters(and it's lineage) have managed to remain non-secretive, non-elitist, avoid power-grabs, and be friendly to outsiders and newbies!
ddb174

Postby Paradox » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Ideally a dropdown with numbers ranging from 1-100 would be great for the sequence prefix.

I've decided that I'm simply going to convert all of the MOUL Ages to PotS and replace my existing PotS Ages; but it would be nice to be able to select a sequence prefix for each Age (rather than forcing one and recompiling the program every Age)
Paradox

Postby BAD » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:31 pm

ddb174 wrote:By the way, bad, Cyan's behaviour was what made me leave; I'm pretty thick-skinned! And I'm really impressed with how the GuildOfWriters(and it's lineage) have managed to remain non-secretive, non-elitist, avoid power-grabs, and be friendly to outsiders and newbies!

Yeah I know, that's what I meant by "the more unpleasant sides of our community".....

Jking! ;)

Yeah we think we are pretty cool too. :D
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Nek'rahm » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Mmmm, lotta mixed feelings about Cyan lately.

I'm just hoping that if they start up SOME form of Uru again, it'll be more co-existant with Cyan Worlds and the community, not Episode-based-and-no-content-released-otherwise crap that discouraged a lot of people from playing.
Nek'rahm

Postby ddb174 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 am

If someone would like to help test the (relatively) user-friendly full set, it would be appreciated. So far as I can tell, it's ready. I can't afford to host the files on my webserver, so please help with seeding. You can find it here: *link removed*

Please post feedback here or on the Alcugs forum. Enjoy!

Paradox: that would be handy, though I tend to forget, use a different one, and then I have to reset the /sav folder. Right now, it detects the Age name, and modifies the prefix accordingly, which avoids this problem.(And you don't need to modify source code each time you compile.) It might be safest to just hard-code the conflicts in. By the way, I've added support for PlSoftVolumeInvert to SVN, so all the classes in Kveer are handled now too.

bad: hee-hee!
ddb174

Postby Nek'rahm » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:15 am

*er herm*

Is this just the information or is this like a download that will completely edit or game's folder for us.

If it's the latter, let me know. I'd love to give it a shot, but I'm just not sure atm.
Nek'rahm

Postby greendragoon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:22 am

I'll give it a try when I get home. :)
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Postby ddb174 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:34 am

This is the full deal; installation instructions are in the Readme. If you've previously used the tool, you may need to reset your /sav folder, depending on what you've done with the tool.
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion