Guild of Writers Charter

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Guild of Writers Charter

Postby Dovahn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:06 pm

As I said, BAD, the numbers are arbitrary, and open to discussion. Your comments aren't harsh in any way; in fact, they are useful because my week-long ideas were just random.

But taking a step back, perhaps all of this is preemptive...

I don't know.

Dovahn
Dovahn

Postby Pryftan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:18 pm

I think doing it tomorrow would be preemptive, but working on plans to implement something of the sort in a month or so would be a great idea.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby BAD » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:38 pm

I think some people need to realize that this isn't going to happen tomorrow, the next day, or in a week. If we get this sorted out in less than a month, it will be a miracle.

I must say that you guys are right about getting the ball rolling. We do need to think about this stuff, even though it will be difficult.

To those who wish to wait till leadership is necessary, think about this.

Will Cyan deal with any group who has no leaders? Will they even approach a group that doesn't have leaders, or representatives? Many people say that Cyan will let us know when they are ready for us. Who will they tell when they are ready?
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Pryftan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:40 pm

Absolutely agree.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Chacal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:33 pm

bluewyvern wrote:I also have a suggestion about the leader's title -- "Guildmaster" and especially "Grandmaster" sound a bit grandiose. In D'ni they were positions of extreme authority and respect bestowed on the most venerable Guildsmen after long, dedicated careers. Even in our shadow modern guilds, it seems a bit presumptuous to grant this title to someone who was elected on a forum to oversee project development in a brand spanking new guild, untested and unproven. How about just having a Chair of the Guild Council? Plus it will stop all the Yeesha cultists crying "Proud!" the moment we unveil our new guild structure...

Agreed. If we ever end up with a leader for the guild (an idea I still oppose), chair would be MUCH more acceptable than guildmaster. I am a member of a number of boards with elected or nominated chairs and the concept seems to fit. Also, it is a familiar concept for everyone, whereas guildmaster is rather alien.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby BAD » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:02 am

Chair sounds good to me, I had made the suggestion of Guild Managers. So we could have Chair person of the Guild Managers.
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby teedyo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:22 am

I'll be really short.

I also disagree with the council as mods proposal. Mods should be separate.

I prefer blue's time frame on the election process but I also think it could be a little shorter. I think people who are dedicated to the process will make a point of logging in more than once a month.

I'm undecided as to the length of term. Somewhere between 6 months to a year sounds good to me.

I also agree that chair is a better label for the lead council member. We might allow the council members themselves to decide on this position.

I feel that section 4 of the charter should contain a clause that allows for explicit permission granted from Cyan for a project that may be in opposition to b and/or c.
teedyo

Previous

Return to General Discussion