main Website addition request

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

main Website addition request

Postby Goofy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:38 pm

I wanted to just request just for arguement sakes, to add a new link to the main page of the site. Maybe a disclaimer or something, that states that this site has not be made official by cyan inc. Also has something to the effect of saying that all things on this site are not written in stone and are subject to change at the discretion of cyan inc. It could be change as needed when things change or even a news page letting people know whats going on or both.

seems some are kinda confused as to the offical-ness of this site. like it really matters all that much at this point.
We keep moving forward,
openning up new doors and doing new things,
Because we're curious... and curiosity keeps
leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward
Goofy

Re: main Website addition request

Postby Pryftan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:41 pm

As J.D. Barnes has said a bunch of times over the past episode, it's probably best to act as if we will get official designation at some point in the future. Cyan has a ton on their hands, but if they didn't I can't imagine we wouldn't be designated as official. (Although I think having some sort of leadership would help in that area. ;D)
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Trylon » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Hmph, I've seen all the posts about everyone wanting all guild efforts to say they're unofficial.
And frankly I think it's stupid to even bother to discuss the point.

Cyan told us to organize ourselves into guilds, that's a given. So, we're doing that. There's no discussion about whether or not we're official, it's not even a problem. We're just doing as we are told by cyan - organizing into guilds.
There's nothing official or unofficial about that.

My point:
First, we're not the unofficial guild of writers, since we're organizing into guilds as per cyans request. And "unofficial" implies that it's fully a fan initiative, which it is not.
Second, we're not the official guild of writers either, since groups are still forming, and there simply is no "official" yet.

Since we are neither official nor unofficial, no statement to any of the kind should be made!
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby BAD » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Not officially anyway......

(Sorry couldn't resist! :P )
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Trylon » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:03 pm

A thought that just hit me is that while claiming "unofficcialness" or even mentioning the word "offical" isn't a good idea, it might appease the nay-sayers if we admit that we work "pending approval of Cyan". Thus expressing the explicit goal and expectation to be approved by Cyan when the time comes, admitting the approval hasn't been given yet, and avoiding any form of the word "official" :D
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby bluewyvern » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:18 pm

How about...

Future Guild of Writers?

Or... Guild of Writers In Development!

Or Pre-Guild of Writers! Proto-Guild of Writers! Guild of Writers (Pre-Organization Stage)! Preliminary Guild of Writers!

You get the idea.

I think it's a good point about the official/unofficial label...what we want is something that conveys soon to be official.
Concept, design, storytelling, editorial
KI# 05697413
bluewyvern

Postby Dovahn » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:27 pm

Or Baby Guild of Writers! :lol:

There was some heated discussion about this on the MOUL discussion forums, and it was inconclusive because all interested parties went off in a huff. But I think, although it might cause confusion, calling ourselves simply the "Guild of Writers" is a better direction for us to take. More confident.

Dovahn
Dovahn

Postby Chacal » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:20 pm

Bah, humbug. There is no official guild at the moment. We're as close to official as it gets. Why would we need to repeat it on the site?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Trylon » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:16 am

Indeed!

See my post above for why we don't need anything inticating any level of "officialness" in the name!
Dohvan's post about confidence is also exellent!

I meant for the "pending approval by Cyan" only to be those exact words in a footnote somewhere, like smallprint, something to point to if the nay-sayers became too irritating.
Trylon

Postby OnslaughtQ » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:17 am

How about, in the footnote, instead of saying "pending Cyan's approval", which may or may not ever happen, we just state "As Recognized By The Community"? Or something to that effect. Let people know that our Guild of Writers is the one currently in favor In Cave (assuming we are from what I'm seeing, and that there was no other GoW present at the meeting on Saturday). If there are other GoW's that exist we should probably give them some props as well on our page.
OnslaughtQ

Next

Return to General Discussion