How does one become a member of your guild?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

How does one become a member of your guild?

Postby OnslaughtQ » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:46 pm

I'm looking to help create ages. I've done some basic modeling and am a decent programmer. I've been looking around at the multitude of forums, and I'm not entirely sure where the proper entry point is. So I'm posting here.
As for my Myst background, I just joined Uru Live yesterday evening and have played around a little bit today. I've played Myst, Riven, Myst III, half of Uru, own the books, and even the Darkhorse comics. Unfortunately life gets in the way, otherwise I would have played all the other games as well.

So, how does one become a Writer?
Looking across the forums, is Cyan still maybe, potentially working on releasing Age creation tools, or is that left in the hands of H'uru Studio?
OnslaughtQ

Re: How does one become a member of your guild?

Postby Chacal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 pm

Well I haven't found entrance requirements.
You're here, so you're a member of the guild. Welcome!

ABout Cyan and Age creation tools: I think nobody that knows anything about the Age creation process believes that Cyan will, or can, ever release tools for unskilled users. Cyan uses home-made Max plugins that are no more refined than the UruPRP plugin for Blender people use here, only more complete because they have a complete knowledge of the Plasma engine. I don't believe they have something as sophisticated as Huru Studio. So yeah, it's pretty much in the hands of the coding wonder kids here. Hopefully however Cyan will reveal that knowledge to us.

Also, there is no such thing as a decent programmer. They're all undecent slobs.

On a different topis, there is a lot of stuf here and in other forums that will spoil the joy of discovery for you. I suggest you take time to complete the game and interact with other explorers before you start peeking behind the curtain. Because there is only one first time.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby OnslaughtQ » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:09 pm

I appreciate the response, and let me say I am honored to be a member of your fine guild.
As for programmers being undecent slobs, until we figure out where to hide Richard Stallman, I really can't deny your statement.

I am treading carefully around the forums, trying not to learn too much about the content of the existing material. I am discovering a lot of nice wiki's and more and more information as I follow hyperLinks. I'm in the process right now of setting up Blender and pyPRP on this machine.

Anyways, I look forward to working with you all!
OnslaughtQ

Postby Pryftan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:20 pm

Right now, and hopefully always, the way to join is to pick up a Writers shirt from Kirel and start posting here. =) Welcome to the Guild of Writers.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby BAD » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:25 am

Thankfully, there is no need to meet any requirements to join this guild. If that was so, I would have been kicked out a while ago. ;)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Return to General Discussion