Forum Suggestions

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Forum Suggestions

Postby Aloys » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:45 pm

I know about that transfer initiative, and that would be perfect, but maybe in the meantime we could just have a new blank forum? Or would that just end up making things more difficult later on when the old threads are imported? (I have no idea about that, I have never worked with phpBB)
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Nadnerb wrote:
Aloys wrote:This will be more of a request than a an actual suggestion but here goes:
Could we get an Ahra Pahts project forum going? I don't want to swap the various other forums with 'Ahra Pahts' titled threads.. :oops:
I know there's already one at GoAB but no one ever goes there anymore, so everything gets posted here. :cry:
I know for a fact that this is being worked on, and that it is proving to be a lot of trouble. :P
Apparently, the plan is to merge some of the data from the AB forums into this one, which would be transferring over the Ahra Pahts sub forum, and all of the developer journals.

Sooo, I guess phpbb3 databases are hard to work with. :?

Well, it's easy enough until your transfer script renames all of the usernames to null (which the forum can't handle and makes them all guests without passwords) :P

There are a few of us working on it, and hopefully we cane generate a script that works well enough to transfer all posts and topics with old users intact. If necessary though, the user transfer might be scrapped and old posts by non-GoW members will be marked as guests.
Paradox

Postby teedyo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Couldn't your script just create a user with the GoAB member's name and generic password? That way recognition for the post goes to the original creator and they could petition umm.. you for their old username if they come back around.
teedyo

Postby Kierra » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:42 am

Hm, sorry but I don't like the blue font color for our names. Its hard to see against the black background, and it hurts to try and read it.

~Kia
Kierra

Postby bluewyvern » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:27 am

There are a couple of other blue elements -- the background of the posting area, for one, and I have no idea where else -- that have always looked out of place in the black-and-red scheme.

Not a high priority, but something else to perhaps put on the list.
Concept, design, storytelling, editorial
KI# 05697413
bluewyvern

Postby Nadnerb » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:10 pm

The poster names were recently changed to white, and then back again, because it broke the "prosilver" theme. Would be nice to just modify one theme, instead of everything, and is also why it would probably be more convenient to just have one theme.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby belford » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:00 pm

I know there were more people than me who use prosilver. It's much easier on my eyes; I have trouble with large amounts of bright-on-dark text.

I agree that the name coloring should be adjusted per-theme. There's no set of text colors that will look good on both light and dark backgrounds. But I don't know whether this forum software lets you set that up.
belford

Postby rivenwanderer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:14 pm

I use the prosilver theme because it looks slightly less egregiously not-work when I'm at work :P
rivenwanderer

Postby Chacal » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:21 pm

Same here :)

I think all board software should come with a SFW skin that looks like MS Word...
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Tweek » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:34 pm

bright green mod tag looks really blindingly painful in the prosilver theme, I'd use the GoW theme but I find it a little overbearing with the darkness.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion