RAWA Speaks: Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: RAWA Speaks: Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:44 am

It still doesn't resolve my question about Ae'Gura
ie restore and refurbish the guild hall, this in itself would seem to be core to the entire guild system. Other than Kirel, the Guild Hall would be the story base for our new content when it reaches server
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Tweek » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:09 am

The Guild Hall would be an off limits area. It's something that has had information released about (your building/refubishing it would be adding new info that would be contridicted later by cyan).

Unless you are referring to the Guild Pub.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Chacal » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:13 pm

No, if I remember correctly his idea is about using the guild hall as a hub for all guilds.
One thing is always possible, Grogyan: make a guild hall and send it to Cyan, free of copyright, to use as they please.
They may not have plans for a Guild Hall and they may decide they like the idea.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Chacal wrote:No, if I remember correctly his idea is about using the guild hall as a hub for all guilds.
One thing is always possible, Grogyan: make a guild hall and send it to Cyan, free of copyright, to use as they please.
They may not have plans for a Guild Hall and they may decide they like the idea.

I/we could, but need some dimensions, so other than the Alcugs stable 0.5 plugin, were there any others that allowed for maximum import?
Grogyan

Postby Lontahv » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:50 pm

I'd like it if you'd wait on the idea Grogyan. Just wait and see.

Thanks.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Grogyan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Lontahv wrote:I'd like it if you'd wait on the idea Grogyan. Just wait and see.

Thanks.

Yup, waiting

Got too much on my plate as is, with the Blender script i'm doing, my shell, and many other things I have on
Grogyan

Postby GPNMilano » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:27 pm

1.3 has the most stable version of importing currently, with a couple of exceptions. It doesn't like the to import sitting mods, but this can actually be fixed with a minor change to the alcresmanager.

Anyway, whats interesting to me is something RAWA wrote in his examples of what would be approved and what wouldn't. Specifically "restoring" parts of D'ni. That it must be self contained and available only through the Nexus.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems to imply how our ages are going to be available, through the Nexus itself. Which would imply that either we, or Cyan, or cooperation of both, are going to have to change the Nexus scripts to allow for our ages to be included.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Lontahv » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:30 pm

I'm betting Cyan is not going to let them near their stuff (as it should be). I wouldn't want someone fiddling my age around, would you? :?
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:47 am

Lontahv wrote:I'm betting Cyan is not going to let them near their stuff (as it should be). I wouldn't want someone fiddling my age around, would you? :?

Yet thats exactly what he's saying we can do. We can't edit the original age files for the city to add new stuff, but we can restore other as yet undiscovered parts of the cavern, as long as they are not visible for the the main island or K'veer. But say someone made up a story that they were exploring another island on the lake and discovered a building that belonged to a D'ni writer. This is possible as long as it doesn't conflict with past or future storylines by Cyan. That area of the cavern would then be available through the Nexus.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Tweek » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:19 am

From what I gather Cyan have plans for the Guild Hall.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion