Approval for Ages list

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:50 pm

Dustin isn't coming back. If you read his Myst Logification you would know that. Right now it would really surprise me if he came back.

And from what I am seeing the selfip address nolonger exists.

http://dustin.sasktelwebsite.net/UruAgeMan...uAgeManager.dat is where the file is at now.
Starfyre

Postby zib_redlektab » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:54 pm

shall we host it somewhere else and hack the UAM to point somewhere else? B)
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:59 pm

I think thats the only way to do it. We would need to distribute the file the first time out though. After that though it would automatically update as needed. I can do most of the damage, er editing of the file, myself. I get down though to [datfiles] and it looks beyond me, without help anyways.
Starfyre

Postby J'anim Paedet » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:16 pm

I emailed Dustin yesterday, asking him to put my Ages back up, and warning him that he would probably receive multiple requests similar to this in the near future. I just recieved the following reply:
Okay, your Ages are now available again.  By the way, the program was written such that anyone could take over at any point.  The .dat file is self-explanatory; you merely need to point the update variable to the location of the new server's file.  All tools that I used in the preparation of an Age were incorporated into UruAgeManager.  If you(pl) prefer to email me the updated .dat file for me to place in the normal location, I will continue to do so indefinately.

So it seems this course is the best way to go, for all of us.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:20 pm

I'd say if all we have to do is update that file. And have the file point toward whatever server we want then theoretically we don't need him. As the file automatically once its update point to the new server.
Starfyre

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:23 pm

On the dataservers. Should Zrax decide to go with the AgeBuilder server for the dataserver. I will move UAM to the DRSorg.net domain.

Now if Zrax doesn't go with the AgeBuilder server then I think having multiple locations for UAM would be good also.
Starfyre

Postby Trylon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:15 pm

Niveerah is OK for distribution once again. Once I get a chance (and conformation that distrubution permission is not UU only) I'll talk to dustin about putting it back up again.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Starfyre » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:54 am

Actually J'anim, or was it Zib, asked for clarification on that. And they said UAM, Alcugs, and I assume once its released Volcano as well for distribution.
Starfyre

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:58 am

UU == Volcano

:P
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Trylon » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:43 am

[quote="Starfyre"] Actually J'anim, or was it Zib, asked for clarification on that. And they said UAM, Alcugs, and I assume once its released Volcano as well for distribution.

Well then, Niveerah will be back in a few days.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion