Approval for Ages list

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:15 pm

[quote="Starfyre"]Today I got release approval for Ahra Pahts, Yevahn, Ahlnay and Tahmlah and therefor have update the list with those before as well as the ones that were referenced with me.

FANTASTIC, Starfyre! :D

Man, I can hardly wait to walk the streets of the city with everyone.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:21 am

When I start up Uru Age Manager I still see my age Prad listed there. Can it be removed please?

I was under the impression that all ages released through UAM were made unavailable until approved. And since I am not going to send a request for Prad it is unlikely that it ever will be approved.

Prad was interesting as an experiment, but it is substandard material. I regret to have allowed something that is so far away from Cyan standards to become released. There is some amazing work from people here who IMO will reach those standards in time. I however do not have that talent, nor do I have the time (or the patience) to struggle with Blender anymore.

I enjoy Python coding more than modeling anyway. So who knows? Maybe I can help someone with that in the future?
D'Lanor

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:57 am

You have to email Dustin. I have no control over UAM. Only Dustin does. And the only way to get ahold of him is by email now.

The address is...

dustinbernard[at]sasktel[dot]net

replace [at] with @ and [dot] with .
Starfyre

Postby J'anim Paedet » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:06 pm

Actually, I still see some of the Ages there as well -- I think is is due to the fact that I have some of them still installed on my computer. I assume that if I was to get rid of them, they would dissapear from the list.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:14 pm

:lol:

Ya all know I sent an email last Friday going and just letting them know about the merger. The email I got yesterday stating the release permissions was in response to it. Not the official request that I sent yesterday, as I thought it was. Then I got another email today and happened to look at the quoted part of the message it was in response to the email I sent yesterday.

Basically it reitterated what he said the day before without have to resay it.
Starfyre

Postby zib_redlektab » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:28 pm

Please add Galamay to the approved list, I just got my license :lol:

Though a bit unorthadox, I'm pretty sure I still have his ftp information here, and if needed (only if absolutely needed), I could probably upload+modify the .dat file on dustin's server... :unsure:
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm

[quote="zib_redlektab"] Please add Galamay to the approved list, I just got my license :lol:

Though a bit unorthadox, I'm pretty sure I still have his ftp information here, and if needed (only if absolutely needed), I could probably upload+modify the .dat file on dustin's server... :unsure:

That's all it take is modifying one file. Shoot I could do that.

Why do you have his password Zib?

And why didn't I know he gave you his password. Thats nothing major as he didn't have full access to the server. Just his private ftp. But still I would have liked to have been notified.
Starfyre

Postby zib_redlektab » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:35 pm

I was one of the first to submit an age to him, and I think he had me upload the age to the server instead of e-mailing it.

*Checks*

yeah, it's registered as a visited ftp server on my computer, but either the ftp is no longer running, it's currently down, or i did something wrong. :P

connection is reset...

*edit: gah this annoys me now, I opened my old ftp program and theres the information, but the password is *********, and the program is too high-security to copy out of the field, so we'll just have to wait for dustin to get back here...

*editedit: plus, the ftp server still appears to be down, even with the ftp client. :P
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby Starfyre » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:37 pm

Just a second let me double check. Which server do you have access to? If I remember right now there was two servers hosting UAM, mine and Dustin's.
Starfyre

Postby zib_redlektab » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:44 pm

no it was ftp://dusty.selfip.net.

*updated my above post
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion