Putting Our Ages On Shards

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby zib_redlektab » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:59 am

has anyone thought about...coughhackingcoughcough the animation? :D
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:00 pm

The animation format is not understood well enough to implement that. Basically, you're asking us to write a: plResponderModifier, plATCAnim (and parents), and sounds/implementaion for the sphere rotation. Let me break it to you: it ain't gonna happen... Barring some Cyan-Mirical which I doubt....
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Kirk » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:15 pm

I've seen a fanmade age with rotating parts in it. What I would be worried about is whether you have the split the meshes and all that :P
Kirk

Postby ShadowDude » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:50 pm

[quote="Kirk"]I've seen a fanmade age with rotating parts in it. What I would be worried about is whether you have the split the meshes and all that :P

In order to rotate something with python (as was done in the fan ages you mentioned), the object to which you want to move, or in this case, rotate, would need to have a Coordinate Interface to go along with it. The spheres (and most of the rest of the rotation contraption, for that matter) don't have that, so it's essentially an impossibility without the help of Cyan.
ShadowDude

Postby zib_redlektab » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:50 pm

oh well, would've been cool. :rolleyes:
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Kirk » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:08 pm

Naw, that wasn't done with Python :P

It's too bad to see that when the Blender plugin came out people primarily focused on that... the interest in reverse engineering the game seems to have dropped pretty much to nothing, causing stuff like this...

My first advice is to check back on the TNT forums if they still exist. There's a description of the ResponderModifiers there. I'll get back to you on the rest.
Kirk

Postby Zrax » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:45 pm

Wow, so much pessimism... Actually, the only thing stopping some of us (myself included) from attempting to make those spheres rotate properly is the fact that Cyan doesn't want us modifying any of their ages :P. Otherwise, I'd be all over it :P

And also, for development stuff, it's actually been going quite strong, just not in places that the public can see... Several of us are working on various projects in both the field of exploration and creation, so don't give up yet. Not to say that we don't want all the help we can get though (and if anyone has info or skills and wants to help out, you can let me know and I get get you involved :P)
Zrax

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:46 am

And I especially need some giunea pigs oooops I mean testers ;) for Er'cana.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Kirk » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:57 am

And also, for development stuff, it's actually been going quite strong, just not in places that the public can see... Several of us are working on various projects in both the field of exploration and creation, so don't give up yet. Not to say that we don't want all the help we can get though (and if anyone has info or skills and wants to help out, you can let me know and I get get you involved tongue.gif)

I really need to log more into IRC :P
Kirk

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:10 am

[quote="AdamJohnso"] And I especially need some giunea pigs oooops I mean testers ;) for Er'cana.

Oh, I would help... if only I knew how to get there! ;)
J'anim Paedet

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion