Putting Our Ages On Shards

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:59 am

You'll also have to ask him for write permission to the Volcano subversion repository. But he's understanding. I'm sure he'll hear you out :)
J'anim Paedet

Postby zib_redlektab » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:38 pm

[quote="ShadowDude"] Well zib's not even a member of the forum, so it's kinda hard to give him access :P

I'm not? oh yeah, im not!
*goes to fix the problem*

which would imply that zib should have access under that assumption...

so wait, is galamay already online? :huh:

edit: man, the validification e-mail is taking just about forever to get here... <_<

editedit:
You'll also have to ask him for write permission to the Volcano subversion repository. But he's understanding. I'm sure he'll hear you out :)

why? :huh:
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Starfyre » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:12 pm

I figure I'm just not worthy to have access really. Not much I could do to help other then help test it out. I have very little programming knowledge.
Starfyre

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:23 pm

[quote="zib_redlektab"]so wait, is galamay already online?  :huh:

It is, in all its glory :)

edit: man, the validification e-mail is taking just about forever to get here... <_<

editedit:

why? :huh:

Well, I'm not the world's best programmery myself, and he let me in ;). What we need now is testers -- people to actually test the multi-player implementations. And if you have access to the wiki (which you should/will), it really goes hand-in-hand with the repository -- one does not work without the other very well at all!

Oh, and about the verification email -- mine never arrived. Turns out I did not need it in order to access my account.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Zrax » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:38 pm

I blame all the email problems on Comcast :P (and I think I activated yours manually J'anim... I'll do the same for Zib).

And Zib: The reason you need to ask for access is because it's a private SVN, which means you need a username and password to access it... However, it's really not necessary unless you want to help development, since everything contained in the SVN can be accessed in compiled form in other ways (e.g. through the Volcano Dataserver)
Zrax

Postby zib_redlektab » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:45 pm

woot! ok i'm in :)

edit: ah, and i definitely have hidden forum privledges now. :P
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:15 pm

Right: foolish question here -- I've followed to the letter the instructions on adapting Ercana for UU use. But when I log-in to the D'ni Safety Guild site, no Er'cana book appears. Am I forgetting something?
J'anim Paedet

Postby zib_redlektab » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:17 pm

so wait, we actually have to do stuff other than put that .ini file in the game folder to play? :o

[/lazy]
[lazy] again :P
Lurker extraordinaire!
zib_redlektab

Postby J'anim Paedet » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:19 pm

No, not for Phase 1. But for P2, a lot of adapting must be done in order for it to work (at least on my part).
J'anim Paedet

Postby ShadowDude » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:30 pm

Well, phase 1 stuff is easy to setup because it's all on the dataserver.

Phase 2 isn't on the dataserver yet though, so you have to add the stuff manually (like we've had to do :P)

Right: foolish question here -- I've followed to the letter the instructions on adapting Ercana for UU use. But when I log-in to the D'ni Safety Guild site, no Er'cana book appears. Am I forgetting something?

Actually that's a very good point you bring up. We've been getting to the Pots ages via adminKI, so someone without one needs to have an invite sent to them by someone who can get there by other means. I'll send you an invite to my Er'Cana on TDS, just check your nexus ;)
ShadowDude

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion