Location of Volcano Dataserver?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby ShadowDude » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:34 pm

Besharen wrote::(

I'm slightly upset with this statment. Many of us do not have Kagi Keys (myself, Tylinol, etc). One of the goals of AgeBuilders's is to make a single player/offline version of the ages, as well as an online version. I get the impression that you are thinking that Volcano will be the only source of fan ages. I deeply hope that that is not that case!

I know that this meeting is going to only be solely about the Volcano project, so I see why you think it should be on the TDS. BUT any discussion about Volcano is closely related to Age Creation! As the current leader of the New Tree project, I think it is unfair to exclude people who don't have keys, but are still very much involved in the Age Creation community! Would it be that difficult to have it on D'mala?

I want you to understand now that the Volcano will not be the only source of fan-made ages.

If you are unwilling to help those who did not have the chance to purchase keys, then I guess I'm done with this project.  :unsure:

That's why I had suggested having the meeting on D'mala, because I didn't want to exclude anyone. I was going to post this idea at a later date, but I suppose it would be alright to do so now.

D'mala is using an auth server separate from the one that the rest of the UU shards are using, and that is why player's with invites can only access D'mala. We've known how to create an auth server for quite some time now, and I was going to propose at one point that we ask Cyan if we could setup our own Auth server for people without Kagi Keys to use so that they could access the Volcano ages. There's probably a few more details that'd need to be worked out, but food for thought.

:)
ShadowDude

Postby Zrax » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:30 pm

I've got two clients, so I'll go ahead and go to both... I can't promise I'll be able to keep up if both sides are talking at once, but I figure it's at least one way to try to keep up between both shards... I too don't think the people without Kagi keys should be neglected, but at the same time, D'mala can be kinda buggy :P
Zrax

Postby ShadowDude » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:33 pm

We could always compromise... IRC perhaps?
ShadowDude

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:46 am

the volcano ages are only visible on a shard if you have the volcano client, correct? :huh:

if so, is there any way i can obtain a client? even if it's unstable, i'd really like to see this in action. :)
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Previous

Return to General Discussion