Heads up on RI announcement

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Tylinol » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:12 am

Just to let you guys know, I have made great strides in an extremely
drastic alteraion for RI's venue of release. I'll post more detail in the announcement tommorow, and I hope many age builders will follow
suit with my decision. I'll post more here tommorow.
Tylinol

Postby Tylinol » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:25 am

Here is the announcement you've been waiting for.
After Cyan put a brutal legal hammer down on us and demanded we cease all age building
activities at once an delete our projects or face torture, I was diheartened and frightened.

I will admit that I continued work on my ages, but unfortunately Cyan caught me. They didn't
torture me, but what happened was much worse. They stole all of my age ideas and
models (Negilahn, Khalo, Vika, Todelmer, Gahreesen, Noloben, Pento, P'owertrip, etc.).
This wouldn't have been too bad, after all everyone would know that the ages were mine.
But then they brought out Bob Zasio's Time-Machine-and-Pizza-Tosser, traveled back to the year
2002, and began claiming that these ages were theirs! I admit that they did make some changes for
the better, I guess the purple in Khalo looks a little better than the Hot Pink from my design, but that's
beside the point!

Thankfully I had one more design up my sleeve: The RI trilogy. I began using the Uru engine to
create it, but I quickly realised that history would repeat itself if I kept on this path.

So I started looking into engines that I oculd use. First I checked out Source, but then I
started reading and I realised that a team of age makers led by Carter had attempted it but
ended up being devoured by a Small Flying Volt Bat.

I looked into the Hammer engine, but I had to STOP because I realised it was HAMMER TIME and I
couldn't TOUCH THIS.

Long story short, I settle on the Mario Brothers engine (Koopa Shell by name).
I started heavy modifications on the KS engine, and eventually gave it 3d movement and
multiplayer, which I call Mario Xtreme Netcode. After many weeks of labor, here are the results:

I hope many of you Age Builders will consider using KS+Mario Xtreme for your age needs. It
has way less lag.
Tylinol

Postby zib_redlektab » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I thought it was fishy that you waited until April 1st to announce your message...

Happy April Fool's Day! :D

Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Tylinol » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:56 am

:lol: Great one Zib!
Tylinol

Return to General Discussion