An Age idea

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Mystified Explorer » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums, but some of you may know me from GoAC and UO.

I had an idea for an age ages ago and thought I might share it:

Eder D'ovah is it's working title, meaning "Rest World". The age is essentially a mountainous age, and the visitable area is a valley surrounded by snow-capped mountains and a lake.

Story: This age was written by the D'ni not long before the fall. Unfortunately, it is unknown who wrote it. It is obvious that the age was written for recreational perposes, a place where the D'ni could go to escape the hustle and bustle of the City. The visitor would have linked into a viewing platform high above the valley in the snow. From there they would descend down a path to a sort of reception building with links back to D'ni and a few other things. From there they would take a cable car down to the valley. The valley itself is filled with lush grass and flowers, as well as many trees. There are paths around the lake, and the odd holiday dwelling for those who stayed overnight. Also there were relaxing activities and games to enjoy too.

Now, years later, the book has been discovered and restoration is underway to make the age visitable to explorers from the surface.

I haven't actually started work on the age as such yet, but I do have approval from Cyan for development (not release at this time).

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please post :)
Mystified Explorer

Postby Gybryn » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:30 pm

Will the whole age just be for exploration purposes? I like how it would move from snow to grass and flowers. I think that just making ages for having ages is a good idea. I would be more attracted to a cool looking place rather than some place that has some huge story. That's just me though, I know a lot of people want all kinds of elaborate stories and such, I think just exploring places is rewarding enough, the beauty of it all. I like your idea.
Gybryn

Postby The Enlightened » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:17 am

I like the concept, and as long as you are hooked on mountains, I would suggest TerraGen. It is a great tool when writing ages with natural rock formations. Though, right now we could use some help with our current projects.
The Enlightened

Postby Mystified Explorer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:20 pm

Actually I'm making this age just for the sake of it. The story is just there for background. I'm involved in making alot of other ages for a different project so this is just a diversion. It's mainly an age like Eder Kemo, for recreational type purposes. :)

I already use Terragen for my terrains, with some nice results :)

I'm happy to help with other projects too, with modelling mainly, tho I can do texturing. :)
Mystified Explorer

Postby Starfyre » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:43 pm

Yeah M.E. is a member over at GoAC and I think he is one of their Age Builders if memory serves me right.
Starfyre

Postby Mystified Explorer » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:06 pm

I am... recently appointed admin also. However, I am happy to help out here too :)
Mystified Explorer

Postby Starfyre » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:53 am

All help is appreciated. I just don't want ya to spread yourself too thin trying to do your GoAC Admin duties, Helping with GoAC ages, Your own Ages, and then ours also.
Starfyre

Return to General Discussion