An idea

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Tylinol » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:59 am

Well, the subtitle is kind of a joke, but I think it would be interesting if we had
a prison age contest/showoff. We could make it disable your relto, so it would be a true prison age. But it would be an interesting thing to see everyone's prison ages.

What fo you say?
Tylinol

Postby Starfyre » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:41 pm

Might be something interesting. And I can see a possible prize might be that a linking book could be found say somewhere in Ahra Pahts for the winning Prison Age. Now to lock of Relto I think would be interesting but I would rather see true Prison Ages. I can see Cyan having something to say if we start messing with Relto. The same something they had to say if we were to mess with Ae'gura.
Starfyre

Postby A'drian » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:25 pm

I had tossed about the idea of planning a Prison or Death Age. Neither seemed like a "productive" time-waster until this thread. The Prison Age certainly seems a little more "visitor friendly". ;)

Would there be any kind of restrictions/rules? Not so much about intellectual property rights but as to Age contents or size? For instance, Atrus attempted to make sure the Prison Ages in which his sons trapped themselves could sustain life.

While I'm thinking about it, perhaps just a detailed Age Plan could be the contest submission and the prize would be having a team of volunteer Builders construct the Age. It would be a chance to set some standards for "good" Ages/Age Plans, people wouldn't be penalized for having less modeling experience than others, and the final product, instead of possibly being "rushed to compete" could be truely polished.

It's easy, of course, for me to propose something like the above because I'm just an artist with no experience at all regarding current game development. While planning, modeling, and texturing are important, if I were to actually attempt to "build" a Prison Age myself, it would never happen. I'd have to try to join-up with a couple (at least) other talented folks to fill the gaps of a development team and who aren't planning on submitting their own Prison Age or busy with other projects. That seems, at best, unlikely. Just my 2 cents. What do you think?
A'drian

Postby Kirk » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:34 am

So if that seems at best, unlikely, why would they build the winning one? They have no interest or are too busy doing other projects ;)

It's a catch-22 I guess... there aren't that many agebuilders at the moment, I think.

Also, Stafyre, I think that with locking out Relto he means the disabling of your Relto book while in the Prison Age. I personally wouldn't do that... so you can just have a look around and explore.
Kirk

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:17 am

That's already been done :P

Why don't you check out Prad?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby zib_redlektab » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:16 pm

we should make the python file that you can put in your age to disable relto, and then the code to re-enable it too. that way, we can have people make puzzles that have to be solved to get the relto book back. B)
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Kirk » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Or you could just exit and restart Uru :P
Kirk

Postby zib_redlektab » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:50 pm

[quote="Kirk"] Or you could just exit and restart Uru :P

well, yeah.

thats what we need now. a way to make uru the highest priority program, then make it unexitable and unalt-f4able. :P then we get a real prison age. and a lawsuit or four, but still. :lol:

Zib Redlektab is not to be held responsable if your copy of Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, Uru: Complete Chronicles, or any other Uru product becomes a high-priority unendable program. This forum is not to be held responsable either, nor Cyan Worlds. We had nothing to do with it, it was a simple user error. Must be user error. You have nobody to blame but yourself. By reading this responsability waiver you agree to waive all responsability that Zib might have. And that applies to everything. But he's still an admin. And he's still awesome. And the cheese is, too. You can stop reading now, nothing else I'm going to say is that important.

Really, stop reading. This isn't very funny any more.

Ok, I didn't want to do this...

...You're forcing me to do this...

...Ok, you brought it upon yourself.
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Return to General Discussion