Information Night

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Postby Bedford » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:45 am

Hey, I had a random flash of an idea yesterday which may work well. Remeber how non of the liasons are age-builders and some speak of following the progression as best as they can. This made me think, how much do other people know about the Age Builders? how would someone wanted to be an Age Builder get an idea of what to do/where to go? (yes this forum would be a handy place but I'll get back to that)

So I propose an Information Night (not just information we can have a Pub Quizz type thing too! :D... and maybe even music!) where the projects here and on others sites like GoAC (if they want to be part of this) are presented and explained for the benefit of all who wish to attend in UU. Other subjects to be talked about are the proccess that goes into age building, etc. So that what and how we do is clear to the general public and talk about the different sites and what is available. Advertise it for a while, maybe have a couple of them at different times so that others can attend dependant on thier times zones and if they are busy the first time they can attend then. Have the presentations scripted say with question time at the end of each...lecture?

Could we even use an imager to display images relevant to the presentation at the point? You could even have someone as a slide master, putting the correct image onto the display at the correct time so that it dosn't just run between them all. Aaaaaanyway!
I've come out of my corner and blathered on for far too long. It was just an idea, what are opinions?
Bedford

Postby Trylon » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:45 am

Sounds good
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby zib_redlektab » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:26 am

that sounds great!
Lurker extraordinaire!
http://www.zibland.com
zib_redlektab

Postby Paradox » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:44 am

If it goes ahead, I'd definately try to be there
Paradox

Postby myridean » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:44 am

Sounds, good. We'll also have an open house over at the Vivarium of D'ni neighbourhood as well. :)
myridean

Postby J'anim Paedet » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:22 pm

Perfect! Exactly what we need -- some publicity and understanding. I'd be there, if I can work out a schedual.
J'anim Paedet

Postby Starfyre » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:29 pm

To use the imagers you would need someone on D'mala to do that, not sure how cooperative Cyan would be adding images from outside the game. Otherwise the meeting would have to be on a fan shard to be able use the imagers.
Starfyre

Postby Paradox » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:41 pm

Unfortunately, D'mala is the only option for some people.
Paradox

Postby Starfyre » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:51 pm

I wasn't trying to limit who can attend. I was simply saying without Cyan's help that images and concept art from fan ages won't be added to the imagers. Its strictly impossible.
Starfyre

Postby J'anim Paedet » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Well, if worst comes to worst, we could use KI-mail.
J'anim Paedet

Next

Return to General Discussion